Day/Night Areas Change With Seasons?

This would probably be more of an aesthetics thing than a feature that would enhance game play, but I think I noticed with the original Xenonauts that there was no change in the shape of the shadow of night on the flat map of Earth that one would expect based on the axial tilt of the Earth.

Doing this "realistically" would mean longer nights in the Northern Hemisphere (where most of our habitable land mass resides) from September to March, and longer nights in the Southern Hemisphere from March to September.  If aliens have been studying us long enough to know that skirmishes are more difficult for us to handle at night (and one would expect that if they're using Cleaners, they'd understand this), they might take advantage of that to attack when it's harder for us to defend ourselves.  Or, if we learn that aliens have a weakness when it comes to the brightness of our Sun, we might carry out an invasion of an alien base on Earth during the summer in the hemisphere where the base is situated.

Or maybe this is just too much of a hassle to put in with too little payoff.  Ultimately, it's the developers' decision.  Just throwing it out there.  Thanks for your time.

https://physics.stackexchange.com/questions/214728/what-is-the-curve-that-describes-the-daytime-line-in-a-day-and-night-world-map

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I should point out that if you decide to go this route, there may well be repercussions -- the area swept under the radar range of a given base will rarely be circular, for example, and the flight path from one site to another on the globe won't necessarily be a straight line.