Wish List

( I'm not a "forum" person, if you want me to reply to you then please leave a comment on this reddit post. Sorry for your inconvenience for the sake my convenience.)

-No cheating AI. In Xenonauts 1, every alien knew where every xenonaut was at all times and that led to a lot of unneeded frustration and imo shotguns being useless. I'd be fine with psions still doing this or aliens with a live psion doing it.

-Variable view range. View range was very finicky in xenonauts 1 since everyone had the same view range so the only way to progress was either using a suicide car, a suicide scout, or painfully slow progression. I'd prefer view range be a stat so it'd make sense to have a a dedicated scout that won't get reaction shot into oblivion.

-One of the best feelings I ever had in gaming was when I first went out with a hunter with rockets and I could "welcum to urf" everything.  I understand the reasons why large vehicles were removed but I never had any narrative dissidence with my car or tank getting damaged by a plasma pistol or my gpmg doing as much damage as an m16, and personally I don't feel narrative dissidence should be pulled on cars when grenades are a thousand times more narrative dissident. But that's just me and my opinion.

- X1 gets a little repetitive after awhile since there's nothing really to gain from the small/medium sites. I'd appreciate it if there were sub objectives(aside from solder exp) such as if you captured aliens then it would lead to more profit than just air-striking a site. Maybe alien grenades are really good but you can't buy or craft them, only collect them. I understand this is being addressed by varying missions and mission rewards but more non-distinct resources are rather bland when you're throwing them on a pile of more non-distinct resources. Whereas distinct resources and notable currency is distinctly delicious and a lovely reward for exemplary play.

-After researching an alien corpse(or live alien) let us see that alien type's movement(and maybe attack after movement) range so things are more strategic.

-I understand the streamlining around inventory system but it it allowed the player to perform many more actions that the current system would've exclude. I thoroughly enjoyed hauling knocked out enemies and allies away to safe spots, hauling around a thousand bricks of c4 because Davy couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with a nuke but could carry half a U-Haul truck in his backpack, making decisions like "if I drop my gun then I can heal fully but I may need to run and leave my gun", how I could hold grenades/c4/batons in one hand and a medkit/pistol in the other for max TU efficiency, hot potatoing c4, and the flexibility it lent modding.

-Hot potatoing grenades. Its really strange that it wasn't in xenonauts 1 and the new inventory system will probably exclude this, which makes me sad.

-More stun options would be nice. Its a little weird that your only options are the various splash grenades and a cattle prod. Maybe just having an end game sticky stun grenade would be best. So rather than spamming splash stuns you just have to land a direct hit with a sticky stun to incapacitate an enemy. Just a thought, not really a strong suggestion but I do feel something needs to be done about stunning. Most overhaul mods needed to implement more stuns to facilitate their expanded roster(though I understand the fault in asking the base game to add features to accommodate a mod that can just add them, this is just to add another layer onto the argument)

-The reaper needs some love. Its really strange that it one shots everything and instantly gestates upon a zombies death. I know you're tossing around reapers not insta-gibbing but also consider making zombies need a gestation period.

-This might just be a me thing but using psion abilities without LoS is a thoroughly non-compelling feature. Players prefer to be presented with an obstacle rather than receiving a punishment, due to no fault of their own, as an obstacle.

-Let us see where the crashed craft is and let the aliens see where our drop ship is. Its strange that we come down in a helicopter but can't see the exact location of say... a crashed "massive" alien ship in the middle of a flat arctic tundra.

-Flying enemies don't gel well with the xenonauts 1. I'm not asking for them to be removed. I'm just asking for extra care to be put into their development.

-The new Caesan looks like a short pudge monster that has been scaled up to the size of a person and it just looks stupid. Everything in Xenonauts 1 looked amazing, please continue the trend in xenonauts 2. Don't sell your soul to the goof devil like xcom did.