[9.5.1 Ground Combat] Soldier Summary screen shiows AP decrease

I was testing the experience/advancement system, and had all my soldiers do a lot during my first ground combat. I got 2 skill-ups in AP's, Accuracy, and Strength, and 1 in Resilience for all soldiers (took advantage of as current weak alien AI to take many, many 0% shots at a stationary alien).

The next mission I ran fairly normally. The single alien was hiding behind the ship, so it did take a bit to find him; all my soldiers did do a fair bit of moving and used a lot of AP's, but I didn't try to exploit the system. On the Soldier Summary screen (sorry, I forget what the in-game title of this screen is), three soldiers had AP changes, but they were all decreases. Something on the order of ~56 going in was shown at this point as ~48.

After the chinook returned to base, an examination of the soldiers' stats on the personnel screen did not show the decreases. I'm unsure if increases which were earned in the second mission were reflected in the listings at this point -- I didn't note down everyone's stats at each point in the process.

Perhaps a bug with the cumulative advancement system? Some kind of wraparound effect?

I've noticed this too. taking away their main armament. I.E if you put an M-16 in their hands then take it away and put it back. you should notice their AP going back up to 'normal'. I'm sure this is a bug but I think this would be a great way to force the player to 'rotate' their soldiers and not having them go out on multipule missions. Simulating fatigue and battle stress. Though for now I think it's a bug.

I'm not sure the decrease shown is related to the extra weight bug. I have only seen the decrease in AP's shown that once, after I used over 1000 AP's on the previous mission. Just to reiterate, the decrease is only shown on the Soldier Summary screen available at the end of ground combat. Actually, maybe under the right conditions the decrease in AP's due to the extra weight bug shows up in the Summary screen (the right conditions having something to do with using over 1000 AP's in the previous missions?), but otherwise it does not.

Hold on, come to think of it, before that mission I forgot to reset everyone's weight by click-moving each held weapon. So maybe it is the extra weight bug after all. Yes, that seems likely, and this bug report is fallacious.