3 issues: conflicting xenopedia, text overflowing, alien visible inside UFO

These were issues I experienced while playing 1.05 HF but they probably still apply in 1.06.

Issue 1:

In one science popup, I think the one before you're able to research stun batons, it says something like "prolonged exposure to earth's atmosphere causes oxygen toxicity in aliens, which means they'll need to be kept in a special environment for them to stay alive for interrogation."

Then the research entry for Stun Batons says "[...] The second is oxygen starvation, where higher brain functions shut down due to lack of oxygen. This can happen incidentally via smoke inhalation, or can be induced via a "stun gas" that temporarily binds with the victim's blood and prevents it from carrying oxygen around the body, generating a powerful disabling effect without ultimately being fatal if sufficient amounts are inhaled."

So is oxygen toxic for aliens or do they need it to stay alive?

---------------

Issue 2:

When too many things on the geoscape happen at once, like for example having 5 buildings complete all at the same time, the text overflows the text box and there's no way to see it all. There needs to be a scrollbar or something.

---------------

Issue 3:

This may be a bug with the map pack you recommended in the Steam news page when Xenonauts came out of early access, or it might be an issue with the standard maps. I don't know how to tell them apart ingame, sorry if I'm reporting this in the wrong place. I have to assume a "UFO" is a predefined object so it shouldn't matter whether it's a custom map or not, but maybe I'm mistaken.

Anyway, I have a soldier north of a UFO and he can "see" an alien inside. There's no apparent line of sight and if I attempt to target the alien it says he's completely blocked and I have a 0% chance of hitting. I'm attaching a savegame. It's the soldier at the top of the map.

[ATTACH]4311[/ATTACH]

bug.sav

bug.sav

These were issues I experienced while playing 1.05 HF but they probably still apply in 1.06.

Issue 1:

In one science popup, I think the one before you're able to research stun batons, it says something like "prolonged exposure to earth's atmosphere causes oxygen toxicity in aliens, which means they'll need to be kept in a special environment for them to stay alive for interrogation."

Then the research entry for Stun Batons says "[...] The second is oxygen starvation, where higher brain functions shut down due to lack of oxygen. This can happen incidentally via smoke inhalation, or can be induced via a "stun gas" that temporarily binds with the victim's blood and prevents it from carrying oxygen around the body, generating a powerful disabling effect without ultimately being fatal if sufficient amounts are inhaled."

So is oxygen toxic for aliens or do they need it to stay alive?

Not a biologist, but I'm fairly certain that high concentrations of oxygen are toxic to humans (and other animals?) too. (A quick scan of wikipedia implies this is correct.)

Presumably, the aliens are from a less oxygen-rich environment, thus while needing oxygen to survive like humans they nevertheless suffer from overexposure when in the Earth's atmosphere for too long.

Issue 3:

This may be a bug with the map pack you recommended in the Steam news page when Xenonauts came out of early access, or it might be an issue with the standard maps. I don't know how to tell them apart ingame, sorry if I'm reporting this in the wrong place. I have to assume a "UFO" is a predefined object so it shouldn't matter whether it's a custom map or not, but maybe I'm mistaken.

Anyway, I have a soldier north of a UFO and he can "see" an alien inside. There's no apparent line of sight and if I attempt to target the alien it says he's completely blocked and I have a 0% chance of hitting. I'm attaching a savegame. It's the soldier at the top of the map.

I've also noticed this a couple of times, oddly enough I can only recall it happening from the "north" side of the UFO, but that could just be me, or a fluke. Oh, and it was prior to me installing any map-packs, so the issue "should" be unrelated to that, at least if it is the same thing occurring (which it sounds like to me). Since there is so way to fire or be fired upon I usually just ignored it though, but today I noticed a case with a UFO where the enemy could reaction fire through the UFO walls, which I've made a thread about.