Thoughts on geoscape ideas

Raywalker

Was thinking today at how the Alien activity on the Geoscape is very xenonaut-specific and when

a funding nation leaves the project I end up feeling like a extortion security agency letting the aliens

cause as much terror and bombing to a abandoned funding bloc and think to myself "Poor nation, too

bad you don't pay insurance :rolleyes:" and let the aliens do their thing only stopping to bother if an alien base pops

up.

A few ideas went through my head and I don't know if the work-load, effort to reward would be worth it or even feasible, but I was thinking that if missions in "Red" zones are ignored a nearby nation(s) would take offense and take a smaller

relationship knock in the process, likewise if a mission is done the opposite would occur with a benefit to relations.

I guess it could be taken further that if say USSR has abandoned the project, America might get a small bonus to relations from terror and bombing terror sites being ignored in USSR.

Another thing that I thought for flavour would be to sell xenonaut schematics to nations and see flavour text of UFOs being shot down over water which I believe could solve crash site logic dilemma (and add casualities from "red zones" solving their own problems by assaulting and capturing UFOs, Alien Bases, etc themselves, possibly having "iceland incidents" occur)

And another thing that thought from XCOM and openxcom MiB mod and adapting that idea was abandoned nations would form their own anti-alien invasion task-force and potentially steal xenonaut crash sites and weaken xenonaut support in the process showing the world "the aliens aren't so bad" (possibly encountering them during missions) - this I feel is the pie-in-the-sky idea as that would require the creation of another organization and can be potentially frustrating and I would not know what other bad things that could happen.

Anyway I had that brain-fart and was wondering if these ideas are even remotely close to feasible as I can only imagine

this would be a difficult to achieve?