Any discussion for a Reduced texture quality Geoscape Mod

skanderbeg

Here is a link to the thread I started in the help section, which got a response from Dev Chris. Basically I'm playing on a shitty old laptop with integrated graphics (intel 945). The Geoscape chuggs and lags horribly to the point that the game is unplayable. Yet, everything else runs as smooth as ever (including combat). It would be a shame to limit the availability of this game based on this shortcoming. Chris said he would make available some lower textures of the Geoscape if a modder was willing to incorporate this.

Thoughts?

(original thread here: http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/showthread.php/12640-V-1-09-Playing-with-integrated-graphics-%28Intel-945%29-Stuttering-on-geoscape )

If this is as easy as I think it would be, then I should be able to do it. (Assuming the images are exactly the same as the vanilla ones apart from their resolution, it should just be a matter of setting them up in a mod folder and the mod loader will do the rest.)