How do teleporters work?

lemm

I have a couple questions about teleporters.

1) Is the teleporter ID that you can assign to a tile in a submap supposed to refer only to a single submap, or does it refer to all teleporters in the entire level. For example, if you have two submaps that both have a pair of teleporters with teleporter id = 1, is that supposed to work, or would one pair have to have teleporter ID = 1, and the other teleporter ID = 2? I filed a bug report about this, but I'd like an actual answer so I can design submaps accordingly.

2) What is an "escape teleporter?"

3) Is there an upper limit to the teleporter ID field? Does the teleporter ID = 0 have any special meaning? (I assume negative teleporter IDs mean that the tile is not a teleporter)

Edited by lemm

1.) i think the teleporter i'ds are for submap reference only and teleporter links are assigned on a per submap basis as in if i have 2 teleporters in a submap id=0 then i place 3 copies of the same submap within the level they will act independently.

2. for abandoning the level i think.....

3. nope -32.-32 has the same meaning as 0.0 and 16.16.. it's an integer bases reference. works like a tag