Suggestion: Rearrange dropship positions from Launch Dropship screen

Currently (as of V1.29d), when you go to send out a combat team, you are presented with the armory screen, where you can select who will be going on the mission, and what they are carrying. At the top of the screen there is a button to launch the dropship, and a button to abort the launch.

I would like to suggest a third button be added, that would say something along the lines of "Prepare dropship". Clicking this button would bring you to the aircraft screen (or a slight variant, like how the screen where you launch the dropship from is a variant of the armory), with the chosen dropship selected. This is the screen that normally allows you to position where each of your soldiers is standing in the dropship at the start of the mission. The purpose of this suggestion is to give easy access to this screen when you are about to launch a mission, so if you change who is assigned to the dropship from the Launch Dropship armory screen, you don't need to back out of the mission prep to make sure everyone is in the desired starting positions.

Edited by Jorlem
  • Like 2

Its one of the 'not at all obvious' features today. If you select the dropship in the hanger you can place them as you wish, and you can even rotate the soldiers in 90 deg. arcs (Q/E for the selected soldier). You can do this even whilst in flight. Generally I keep the positions fixed in the dropship and re-order the soldiers on mission so the right soldier is in the right place. 

Edited by doubleskulls

7 hours ago, doubleskulls said:

Its one of the 'not at all obvious' features today. If you select the dropship in the hanger you can place them as you wish, and you can even rotate the soldiers in 90 deg. arcs (Q/E for the selected soldier). You can do this even whilst in flight. Generally I keep the positions fixed in the dropship and re-order the soldiers on mission so the right soldier is in the right place. 

I knew most of that (not that it could be done in flight, or that you could rotate the soldiers, though, thanks!), the intent of my suggestion was to make it obvious to players that the functionality exists by putting a button next to the Launch Dropship button that would take players directly to the screen where they can do it.

• Like 1