turn-based aircombat

Hello fellow commanders,

Anyone else in favor of turn-based aircombat? Or is it just a weird/niche preference that I have? I find it exhausting to have to spam the spacebar to pause and unpause the game to give minute instructions to my fighter jets (maybe i'm just getting old and my reflexes aren't what they used to be). It's probably way too expensive/time intensive to implement in xenonauts 2, but a turn-based dogfighting system like in a old game called Achtung Spitfire! (1997) looks imho perfect for xenonauts.

Anyway, I've rambled for long enough.

Have a nice day!

Edited by Boris Eysbroek

Maybe something like Battle Star Galactica: Deadlock did. You issue orders (where to go, how fast to go, what weapons to use) then hit go and the next 5 seconds play out. Then you get to reassess the situation and make adjustments accordingly. 

• Like 1

I always looked at the real time air combat as a good break from the turn based RNG madness that is the Ground Combat, having witnessing too much reaction fire PTSD.

And besides, modern day jet fighters are all about mach speeds, having it turn based would make it look much weirder.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jek1138 said:

Maybe something like Battle Star Galactica: Deadlock did. You issue orders (where to go, how fast to go, what weapons to use) then hit go and the next 5 seconds play out. Then you get to reassess the situation and make adjustments accordingly. 

That sounds great. Wouldn't mind seeing that added to xenonauts.