Skitso's Middle East map collection

Skitso

I'm not a fan of aliens starting within eyesight of the dropship. If you are going to place spawns so close to dropships, I'd at least make 100% sure you block LoS with environment/buildings etc. This is especially true of fleamarket, although that's going to be tricky to fix. (I updated the maps to make sure this wasn't somnething already fixed up.)

Hmm... but the official map making guidelines state that the ufo's should be at the top of the map so that the entrance is easy to access, and I'm trying to make these as close to GH standard as possible. I'll try something else. Thanks for the input though. :)

EDIT: There's multiple official maps with alien spawn points with direct LOS to dropship, so I'm not sure how big of a problem this is...?

It says UFO placement at the top is a very flexible rule, as long as you don't block the UFO entrance. On the other hand, about spawn points it says: "Aliens (red): There should never be any in direct line of sight to the dropship". So I guess maps with aliens spawning in LOS of the dropships are breaching their own guidelines. ;P

Not really. Outside of unit spawns, I think they're great. It doesn't feel like there's any dead space, which is impressive considering that on some maps you have 4 possible chinook spawns. You have good mix of clear lanes and prop heavy ones, so long range sniping and close combat both get a look in. I encourage anyone reading to download your map packs.

Terrific maps, both Middle East and Desert! You made me play scouts missions many more times than I intended. Such sets are a great example on why having hand-made maps is much better idea than some flavourless, generated ones. Of course, that assumes that there are such skilled and willing community members - and thankfully there are!

Grab the maps people, real deal :).

Thanks! I'm glad you like them. :)

I just hope more people would make maps... There are few talented map makers in thsi community, but we need more. Xenonauts needs more.! Let us all help GH to make this game a true classic it deserves to be. The game needs more maps and we cando it!! :D (god I'm wasted :P)

Haha! well I wasn't at the computer at that time.. When I came home, it seems I have actually tried to do some quick farm map but I've passed out when I've realised I can't fit a chinook and a light scout in a 20x20 map that well... :D

Do the maps have set amount of enemies? I seem to be getting crazy amounts of enemies.

The number of enemies you get is determined by the UFO type - it's not something controlled by the map maker. Map makers do set the number of civs and friendly soldiers, but that's it.

It's odd to see my lovingly crafted maps cut and sliced to match the game's overall look and Chris' vision. Somehow made me sad to see all that stuff go, but I understad it of course. I'll probably still play with my own version though... :)

It's odd to see my lovingly crafted maps cut and sliced to match the game's overall look and Chris' vision. Somehow made me sad to see all that stuff go, but I understad it of course. I'll probably still play with my own version though... :)

How different are your maps from the ones which have been altered for inclusion in the main game? Is there enough of a difference that it's still worth using yours too? (I've not been able to tell from playing yet, and I'm not sure I played them often enough to appreciate what differences there might be if they're close).