Website News Update

Great news, Chris. I've been looking forward to seeing even more hype for Xenonauts and will be there backing the project as soon as it goes up (well, I'll probably get the beta before then, just need to find some time to play it!). You've got a lot of fans out there and plenty of us will be happy to keep spreading the word. Keep up the good work!

-Kilrathi

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The new Corvette crashed outside (with the roof toggle on) looks great!!!! Also I hate that there are so many soldiers in them. I lost two really good men killing off all the aliens at a crash site - not to mention the MiG and F17 I lost just bringing it DOWN. My OTHER F17 then had to fight of not one but TWO fighters (in separate battles) on its way back to base. Then if I hadn't had an extra hangar for a 4th plane my Chinook would have eaten it to yet ANOTHER fighter!

In other words Chris you are a brilliant (evil) developer and I am enjoying this. Great work everyone @ Goldhawk! :)

• 3 weeks later...

Am i the only one who thinks that the corvette is too small on the battle map? I mean, when i first time i saw the art for it it was very huge horizontally, but vertically(looking from the side) it was like a needle. I expected it to be at least as big as a carrier(one of the heavier ships), not complaining much but i can't shake the feeling it should have been made bigger :/ .

For the amount of effort it takes to down it, it was a letdown that it's just a single-room shanty inside. I doubt that's a final-version interior though, so hopefully they'll add both complexity and scope when they make another pass at it.

I'm sure they have every intention of exceeding or meeting X-Com in all respects, and just adding some rooms and alternate routes / entrances in the medium UFOs would be (relatively) simple, so can't imagine them not doing it when they get a chance.

Agreed, the battle map is going to have to get bigger, or the battleship should be sitting on top of the chinook when you get out. The corvette is too small.

And, of course, we need an abductor ship with mutilated cattle and humans in the lab inside it... one of my fondest memories of the ol' x-com!