All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Today
  2. Just giving this a cheeky bump as I've updated it for 1.65 + XCE 0.35. Enjoy :)
  3. Yesterday
  4. So this came to mind when listening to this album while catching sebillians, but what are the odds of letting the Sebillian Leaders regenerate past death unless pasted like a dang T-1000?
  5. Coffee Potato

Dropship layout

TU trained gunners do a pretty solid job as of this last patch. Using two alongside smoke walls seems to do a great job of keeping everything manageable. I never noticed before, but it seems smoke blocks aiming now, so that also helps a ton.
  6. Charon

Need Help with Research Glitch

@TornadoADV 1. Open the relevant researches.xml 2. change the requirements of the final research to "Items.Alienalloys". Save. 3. Sell 1 alloy. Save the game. 4. Revert the research changes.
  7. I like to alternate between the 3, but just love that XDiv feeling of: -Land in drop ship, I know for a fact that I have at least 1-2 attacks of safety between everyone and death. -Enough TUs to deploy the team where I want them, and know the AI can move just as fast. (Unshackled TUs also get to this a bit) -Free vehicle slot means you always have armor support, plus it's replaceable. Feels great to have them there without worrying about it being a waste. (Also pretty understandable armor) -Having a wide arsenal of area denial options. Sure, there's 6 Sebillians, but they ain't sprinting that lake of lava that came out of the incendiary. -No instant death...mostly. Knowing that a rocket launcher will likely kill anything, but that small arms generally won't. Reapers having to take a couple turns to penetrate armor seems less scary, until you see that they can tank the generally more reliable laser class weapons. Face Huggers, Collapsing Buildings and Big Explosions are generally the insta killers. (Aka, if I round that corner, I might take a big hit and need to retreat that unit, but can suppress for the others to charge in, instead of "Round the corner...dead, round the corner....DED, round the corner...one shot wasn't enough.") -Having the carry capacity for weird builds. I love, for example, having a unit carrying around enough options to deal with different scenarios, while being able to operate at slightly above cap. -Being able to recapture bases. -More plane options, and just a generally more varied air game. This was the best air came I've seen in the genre hands down. -"Shock and Awe" weapons that can actually can roll TU damage (if armor is bypassed) to stun an enemy mid turn, instead of going for the kill (They used Shotguns and SMGs, I feel this feature is somewhat in X2 with being able to suppress mid turn). The idea of total suppression is really something, too. -Evolving weapons. Each weapon type develops new features, which come in several tiers, allowing for different models of the same thing. It feels organic. Ok, I'll stop gushing. I love streaming this though.
  8. Solver

Me too I don't currently have a system that can debug the game though... Just one more thing before you start a new game, could you the script again, but with UnlockFinalMission();
  9. Ninothree

CPU usage -- too high!

mmm mmmm I love me some technical details. Thinking about this, I might move to lower quality visuals. Smoother play is probably more important during play testing.
  10. TornadoADV

I think I may just have to start a new game. Not a big deal, but I'm more now curious what's preventing the research from displaying.
  11. TornadoADV

Did so, still no research selection for Operation Endgame.
  12. As this mod seems to have died and appears to be unavailable, I've decided to re-release it. I've converted the mod so it can be used in the Mod manager. This does not incorporate any of Ogaburan's changes so this version is as it was for V.22 (pre-1.0). I haven't added any flags for XCE. I probably won't do any more work on this mod, I'm just making it available again. Download link is at the bottom of the post. Enjoy Original text below: The purpose of this mod is to expand on the backgrounds of Xenonaut grunts, add more names, and to add some more nations. Parts of this mod have been incorporated into the official game: *denotes nation that comes with the vanilla game. The nations included in the mod are: NATO: United States* United Kingdom* Canada* West Germany* Greece* Spain* Italy* Portugal Norway* Netherlands* Denmark* France* Belgium Turkey Iceland Western Allies: Australia* Malaysia New Zealand* Japan* South Korea Warsaw Pact: Soviet Union* East Germany* Hungary* Bulgaria Czechoslovakia* Romania Poland Communist Bloc: Vietnam China Cuba North Korea Non-Aligned or Neutral Nations: Rhodesia South Africa Israel Egypt Sweden* Finland* Ireland Brazil Nigeria Kenya Morocco Philippines Indonesia Mexico Thailand Chile Argentina Austria Switzerland Yugoslavia I've also expanded most nation's available regiments and/or made them more "elite". This represents the nations giving the Xenonauts their best of the best. The combat experiences are all historical wars from the 60's and 70's that a soldier's nation was involved in but you will get the occasional non-historical result due to there being no relationship between a soldier's age and previous combat experience when they are generated. e.g you might get a 21 year old veteran of Vietnam. Here's the full list of nations with units and possible experiences: Special Thanks: ResFu for helping out with the Polish names and units. jamoecw for U.S. unit experience. llunak for correcting Czech names and adding Slovak names. steelgonads for correcting Portugese names Xtended Soliders.zip
  13. Thanks. Yeah, I can reproduce this from that save - we'll take a look.
  14. Thanks, that screenshot does make it easier for us to theorise about what might be happening. But yeah if it's only happening occasionally we'll probably wait until someone finds a save that easily allows us to recreate the bug, hopefully those debug autosaves will be in the next major release so that'll make it easier for everyone.
  15. Well just look at it for some ideas, not that we need to reproduce the whole thing. I am certain it will tickle your creative juices.
  16. I made a mod, but haven't bothered to check if it's still out there. Can't even recall how I named it. I'll have to check. It added more weapons of each type with altered balance. Also new planes and a minigun.
  17. TrashMan

Dropship layout

A machingun cannot suppress everything. You can only keep it pointed at one point at a time and if the landing zone is sorounded, you are in a pickle.. A Machingunner can keep the dropship safe-ER, but that doesn't mean completely safe.
  18. Decius

Dropship layout

My headcanon is that the 'covert' nature of the mission is why there isn't a 105mm artillery piece flying around, and why the craft doesn't have a minigun hanging out the side. Part of the mission is to make the people wearing off-the shelf suits and flak jackets with "TLA" stenciled on the back have to divert as few civilians as possible. The gossip over a couple of helicopters flying around is much easier to quiet down than gossip over a couple of helicopters flying around shooting.
  19. I was thinking more like... -High accuracy shot on nearest enemy -Stops Bleeding -Extra TUs next round -Maxed out Morale for 2 turns, boost nearby morale -Instant Reload (maybe only the the new Laser idea, where their sheer heroicness recharged it's ammo)
  20. Solver

I have no capability to test anymore, but that should work... you might need to delete the internal script cache. Check assets/mods/internal (Delete the whole thing if it exists) and also %HOMEPATH%\AppData\Roaming\Goldhawk Interactive\Xenonauts\internal
  21. TornadoADV

Dang, nothing happened, research screen still blank.
  22. @Coffee Potato In The Last Hundred Yards (WW2 token wargame), instead of Berserk, they have the Heroic status effect, where the squad gets a large defensive boost, then charges straight towards the enemy. In cover-based games that's a little more awkward, but in that game it's just brilliant at creating sudden massive surges in the fighting line.
  23. While not a mod, a thought came to mind today. If you've ever looked at Darkest Dungeon, they lean very heavily on their stress mechanic. Generally, 2/3 times, if driven to panic, they start acting weird, like trying to get themselves killed, refusing healing, panicking everyone around them, or just babbling like a loon. 1/3 times, instead of being broken, they become heroic, maybe shrugging off some wounds, or inspiring the people around them, or taking a guaranteed crit free action, etc. Is there any way to apply something similar, where a panicking rookie might so something amazing besides just getting lucky with a Berserk shot?
  24. Last week
  25. Coffee Potato

V6.3 Balance Thread

Nope, but the air game isn't finished yet.
  26. Thanks, Chris. Like Emily said, I figured it'd not be on the list.
  27. Solver

V6.3 Balance Thread

True, but that's basically a cheat button at this point as it seems to always win with no damage taken, and autoresolve isn't what normal air combat is supposed to be like.
  1. Load more activity