All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Drayton359

Game Price

no not brought it yet
  3. Today
  4. I know this has probably been discussed to death, but I was just hoping for a bit of clarification on shot scattering. Shot scattering usually doesn't bother me, but occasionally I'll fire a heavy weapon or rocket and get a shot scatter that leaves me scratching my head. So, a few questions: - Obviously firing at a target behind cover or with obstacles in between reduces your chance to hit, but does it increase the chance of the shot to scatter? Ergo. If I fire a rocket at a target behind cover, is it more likely to deviate from its course than if I'd target it via control clicking in front of the cover? Because looking at the accuracy formula, it seems like it's always safer and more accurate to aim in front of cover so that the blast radius encompasses the alien behind cover. - Does the scatter formula apply in the Y axis (ie. if I'm targeting an alien on a different floor?) Ergo. Even if the green line shows that the rocket goes over an obstacle, there's still a chance it will scatter and fall into said obstacle? Also, I've noticed that cover percentages don't show in the Y axis, although they definitely impact on your hit chance (eg. If you have a soldier standing directly in front of you, they won't be highlighted as an obstacle if you aim one level up, but your accuracy % will increase by 25% if they crouch. - Very rarely I've been crouching behind one unit of cover and had a rocket detonate into it, or had an ally standing to directly to my side at a 90 deg. angle getting hit by a stray shot of a heavy weapon spray. This hardly ever happens, but it's very memorable when it does, and seems to violate the accuracy/spread formula. Shouldn't it be impossible for a rocket to collide with cover directly in front of you that you can easily shoot over? - Does shot scattering apply with grenades, esp. in regards to cover? That is, if I try to throw over cover, it's more likely the soldier will drop the grenade in the same square they are standing on?
  5. Yesterday
  6. Ruggerman

Game Price

If you have bought into the kick starter, then you have all ready paid for a copy.
  7. Ruggerman

Assigning loadouts quickly

Why mush the weapons load-out be hard, just create a job roll, and sign weapons and load out to that roll. As new weapons become available, just up date that load out.
  8. Coffee Potato

Xsolla to Steam/GOG Migration?

I think they said they would send out steam/gog activation codes like normal.
  9. Drayton359

Game Price

At the moment is says $25, is it going to stay at that price or is that just a pre-order price ?
  10. I know its a dumb question but I just wanted to know how Goldhawk is going to transfer people on Xsolla like myself to having the game on Steam to use older branches
  11. Last week
  12. I'm not sure how to add it into the current UI scheme more seamlessly than something like what you said. I do feel like the checkmark boxes could be utilized more fully in that screen, this would be one way, also aircraft assignment. Just a lot of clicks are required, if you have whatever 10 or 12 people you're removing from a chopper and adding (say moving from a hard base mission with vets to an easy crash site for rookies), having to click twice on the assignment for each, it's 40+ clicks without using the checkmarks, versus 20+2 with. It's one of the few parts of the UI that feels slow/clunky. You've already got the check boxes in there, so I figure you can figure out something to make it work well.
  13. Chris

V6.3 Balance Thread

Just as a heads-up to everyone, V7 is scheduled to arrive in just over two weeks on 3rd September. We're largely finished with the base system overhaul now and we've implemented a lot of balance changes and shooting fixes already, but we're going to take a bit of time to try and add a few more features that have been requested recently too (for example allowing you to set Roles on soldiers directly). I know it's been a while since the last update, but it should be one worth waiting for
  14. Ground mission with my first downed UFO, Sebillians. During fight at the UFO, me outside they inside, there is one un-armored Sebillian among lots other that is moving around to get into a better position. Wenever it does it drops halfway into the ground so you can see only its head and upper torso. At the end of the move its back on ground again. The other Sebillians don't seem to have this problem. recording_5.rec
  15. The first time I played since the release on Steam. Total failure on my side of course, squad dead with first UFO crash site, but I wanted to see what is new. However I found the same bug with my soldier couldn't leave the Sebillian corpse square.
  16. Dagar

A Minor, But Immersive Detail.

Yeah, reading the Xenopedia in X-Div may be a time consuming matter, but it is worth it in multiple regards.
  17. Recently I had been streaming a run of X-Division, and kept wondering about the discrepancy where aliens can auto fire their cannons, but we can usually only get one shot. Initially, I had wondered if they could made to reload. Then, Charon pointed out something I had completely skipped over, figuring it was nothing new. In the attachment, there is a screenshot for the description for the Phaser Pistol, and technically all alien guns. I just wanted to see if Xeno 2 might be able to borrow this particular lore, because my mind was friggin blown by how much sense this made.
  18. Coffee Potato

New Combat UI Discussion & Feedback

Plus it's probably easier than a UI popup of defenses and such for each unit. That being said, I would love a thing that vaguely gave some feedback on which lizard was injured how much.
  19. I just think it's something so simple that it can sometimes be overlooked in games. But it can be a great help if you forget something about the foe you are facing. Of course, real soldiers would have it drummed into them that you use electroshock grenades on androids etc. for greater effect, but we aren't real soldiers . It's little things like this that can sometimes be most useful, and it requires little work since the UFOpedia exists anyway (it just has to be made accessable during ground combat as well as on the base screen).
  20. Coffee Potato

New Combat UI Discussion & Feedback

Agreed. SOTS The Pit had the full monster and stat guide on screen as a little tablet at all times, and it's super useful.
  21. Chris

Xenonauts-2 August Update!

The provisional date we're working towards for the Early Access launch is November 2019 so the final release date is likely to be after Jan 2020. But the game should properly avaiable for purchase this year and be far more of a game from start to finish than it is now. No, it's not feature complete by any means. The MARS is still on our to-do list so isn't in the game yet, but it is something we're aiming to have done before the Early Access launch.
  22. kabill

Psionic Attack Hard Limit?

Ah, sorry, it's a freeze rather than a crash (I was misremembering). And I was assuming it was the mod only because it was reported as such - it's a long time since I played and I don't really remember getting issues like this (although I rarely played to the point it seems to happen). But if there are issues in vanilla/XCE which might cause it, then I guess that might be it!
  23. Don't worry, there is going to be an Early Access period - when I said "launch" there I was referring to the Early Access launch.
  24. Charon

@kabillIs it a CTD or an infinite alien turn crash ? You can distinguish infinite turns by activating your FPS on screen. If the FPS is 60, you got an infinite turn crash, if its around 5 the game works as normal. Also why do you think that the problem is with your mod ? Even XCE has unresolved psionic issues, especially regarding Mind Control. I think Solver fixed Mind Control issues more times than he has fingers on his hands, and people still kept rolling in with more and rarer bugs. Down below is an example. Phase 3 with Ceasan Leader Class units, with PsionicAttacks="Fear, Dread, Paralyse, MindControl" and <Rank type="PsionPsycho"> with PsionicAttacks="Fear, Dread, Paralyse". Edit: now that i think about it, i could propably remove dread from the leader, to eliminate possible sources of problems. Edit2: As far as i know there are specific infinte turn crashes which start to happen in Phase 3, so with the introduction of Caesan Leader Class units.
  25. Alienkiller

Xenonauts-2 August Update!

Such things aren´t implemented yet. That´s why you don´t hear about such things. The only big thing which acid regugitation me is the bases can do everything, which destroys the fully game. We will see it in the next Beta but if that what gives acid regugitation like in X1 comes realy back, then it makes no difference anymore if you play the old or new game.
  26. kabill

That's useful to know. Means I'm not looking in the right place. I don't have extensive information, just an indication that the mod is causing random crashing on alien turns during later ground missions (specifically large and huge UFOs). If it's those kinds of UFOs it means it's linked to Caesan Leaders or Praetors. But I can't see anything that would be causing a crash, especially as I've been told Mind Control and Dread are both being used without issue (at least some of the time). I found a typo in a file linked to the Berserk (Hallucinate) power which could plausibly have been causing crashes since it was a file name reference. But if that was the problem, it shouldn't be encountered only on late-game missions, as the mod gives this power to Caesan Officers. It being related to the specific powers being used was a longshot - I just can't see anything wrong with the modded files and my next best guess was that there was some hardcoded weirdness that I was accidentally triggering without knowing (and I really don't want to pull the mod apart line by line to try and isolate the issue...).
  27. Charon

Psionic attacks seem to have a 1 turn cooldown. So only every second turn. Dread only works for race="praetor" im also pretty sure an alien can only use 1 psionic ability per turn, then all psionic abilities go on cooldown. Eg. an alien unit cant use Fear and then Mind Control. This might be changeable in the behaviour.xml under the child <Psionic> X-Division has a lot of aliens with 3 or more abilities on the same alien without any issue. But without describing the problem there is no way to make a profile to see if it fits.
  28. Solver

There's no such hard limit from a quick reading of the psionic attack source file. Although come to think of it, I forgot to check one layer up, whether the psionic behavior can be triggered at all a second time, I'll do that later.
  1. Load more activity