(Mod Update) XNT Into Darkness V4.0 - "SilverDragon" (New Aliens, Weapons and More!)

Out of wonder, how did you manage to do that?

Its quiet funny actually, making test and lot of test for the AI runs I found the next parameter. If you put Probabiliatic search of defensive units more than -1.2 and shot potential more than -15 they make the next action:

They stay at UFO door, in his turn they open the door and look for .... enemies, covers or allied influence, because UFO looks to be the most safe place on the map, some defensive units stay there (In XNT some defensive units of the UFO go to ambush possition on the map).

The aliens that stay repeating the same pattern, no matter if players block the door.

I notice that this happend in lot of UFO and other dont, for example Light Scouts, Corvettes, Landing Ships, Carriers Aliens open the door all the time with this pattern.

Why? I believe that in this UFO the door is far from covers. In other hand this behavior is not present in Scouts, cuz the cover is closer.

Im glad you like this one, maybe some day you will run some test of this mod and see how good UFO Hull Breach and Skitso UI mods fit with it.

Thanks for posting! :D

Du hast "Items Recovered" verpasst. Außerdem sieht es ganz gut aus. I never miss the chance to excercise my German ;)

Du hast "Items Recoveres" vergessen" wäre richtig :)

Verpasst würde mit Ich habe meinen Zug verpasst passen ^^ (I missed the train)

..All those soldier that didn't have Jackal armor were killed in instant those who had ... well most of them survived.

Yes, but there is other trick. On harder UFOs still enemy use some Gargols, because they have HUGE resistance to energy weapons, for the contrary Caesans has pretty weak against Ballistics and Vipers are highly resistant.

When your on Tier 2-/+ is mandatory carry diverse equipment.

Im glad to hear that Gargol + Sebillian Guard tactic work and result deadly. :D

Maybe the Ceasans should lose some of their aiming ability.

That was the frirst ground combat. They nearly hit with every shoot.

(Also a little preview for the German translation xD )

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3997[/ATTACH]

Selgald! raductions looks gorgeous!

WTF! This game looks soo cool on german! o.O!

Now, excuse me I have a big addon in my plans... my biggest one so far (and it's not even on TD's roadmap list). I wonder if I'll pull it off this time. Keep your fingers crossed.

Irrelevant hint: anyone here likes Battlestar Galactica? (No, I'm not making cylons)

No cylons? I want it :/

We can discuss it

Caesan Aim ability is far superior and comparable only with Androns. Sebillians are not accurated .... hmmm they are chaotic they love the trigger, they love find spot position well covered and pull the trigger until the plasma get overheated xD

@Theon, Your wonderful writer, lot of xenopedia entries are just artwork.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3997[/ATTACH]

Xenonauten... Aua!

Also wenn man an die englische Version gewöhnt ist, sieht und liest sich das mal echt seltsam. :P

Kann aber auch an mir liegen, ich spiele selten Spiele auf deutsch.

About the current state of caesans I think that they are OK. Yes they have strong reflexes and accuracy but they are weak as hell and they suffer a lot with suppression.

In early game, i use to equip all my soldiers with 2x Flashbangs, 2x Smoke and 2x Grenades (Usually Medipack and A single shot rocket launcher).

Did you use shields?

Really? It looks great! Better than english for far

Now I am curious, what do you you think is far better than the english version? Only the language changed.

And don't tell me it is the Umlaute (ä, ö, ü)! If you like that, go check Turkish. ;)

A language used predominantly for invading. :P

But then english is not wrong at all.

You heard about the British Empire?

The "stole" a lot of countries (see Eddie Izzard

).

Although, at that time it was a quite accepted behaviour of the ruling nations, I guess.

At least the chaps served tea, eh? And you must admit, they had a pretty outrageous flag. If you were a flagless savage individual woulnd't you just be stunned by the colors (or rather coulours) of that thing?

I've got accustomed to German invasion jokes whilst I was staying in Bavaria (my German friends made them too :P).

But trully, do you think the Ceseans are using British English in their little telephatic chats?

-Care for a cup of tea, Joels?

-Nah, sorry old chap, I have some rather unpleasant chores to attend to regarding those gentleman in blue uniforms.

Just doesn't work, does it?

INVITATION NO.28

Hello Community of testers and developers of XNT Into Darkness,

Our mod has been invited by the site strategyinformer.com for our great performance and gameplay modifications!

This mod progress thanks to you and all the time, test and ideas that you bring here!

Thank you all!

Follow the link in Mod section

strategyinformer.com

Does the mod work ok with todays update on xenonauts?

Yes its completely functional, Thanks for give us your second post in the forum :D

But trully, do you think the Ceseans are using British English in their little telephatic chats?

LOL xD

thanks.

oh and thanks for all the hard work you put into this nifty mod.

Thank you for downloading, feel free about any question that you have, lot of elements of gameplay has been change in this version. We'll appreciate if you give us your comments!

Edited by TacticalDragon

Does the mod work ok with todays update on xenonauts?

If you have the 1.02 already installed it's ok to install the mod.

But the 1.02 is still in an experimental build, isn't it?...so it will officially install itself in a couple of hours.

If that happens and the the patch overwrites the mod files then you should make sure to copy and overwrite the xenopedia.xml and strings.xml from the XNT mod back into your game assets folder.

SHARE AND NEWS NO.29

Hello XNT Players,

We'r testing lot of new elements for the game, but this time I write asking this questions:

- Which music or track did you like or want to see in this game?

- What is your starting strategy?

If you can give me some feedback We'll appreciate it a lot!

Whats comming?

- 2x New weapons for Tier 3- (Optional, and easy to take)

- Vortex Research tree

- A top secret proyect!

Thank for playing and contributions, for today I think that we can upload a new content update!

Well,when i played vanilla my usually strategy was to rush for high-speed interceptor (early airplane ) and Jackal armor and from there to alenium explosives and laser weapons.Once i get that i would go for advanced armor vehicles (since Hunter scout is more than useless in vanilla )and airplanes .After that Wolf armor and everything from that point on depends.

However .. here are things opposite.I don't research first high-speed interceptor since condors can deal easily with light scouts,scouts and fighters but I go directly for Hunter Scout.Reason why i am doing this is to cut losses.Hunter is fairly powerful and useful for taking down aliens or can be used as support vehicle or scout.Than I research high-speed interceptor and Jackal Armor.From that point on i have to rush weapon research so I do that ( Advanced Ballasting weapons).As for base layout i usually build 3 workshops and 2 research labs so i can produce much faster and speed up research.Since I always somehow end up with 4M by the end of September I have decided from now on to build second base in the middle of October and focus it as research division (it is really crucial to get advance tech early on or you are screwed).