Option to continue playing

mjomble

After you kill the last alien on a map, the mission automatically ends (at least it did for me in 8.9).

It'd be nice if you had the option to keep exploring the map and then end the mission from the menu.

In my last mission, I didn't get to see what the alien ship looks like from inside because all the aliens were outside.

You should be able to face every type of ships more then once so you could allways just explore it next time couldnt you? I understand that you could feel that you missed out on it the first mission, but in the end would continueing exploring really be worth it? and wouldnt a comfirmation box to finish the mission be rather annoying after a while in the end?

Might just be my opinion that its uneeded extra clicking and that that would be annoying to have in the long run. What do other people think?

I would prefer an option to click to either leave immediately or to explore the battlefield further, perhaps pick up some items that were left behind. So far it is not clear to me that items left behind (i.e. not carried by your troops in their backpacks) are in fact being brought back.

Anything that can be recovered is automatically taken at the end of the mission.

Anything you can't use (like alien weapons) are automatically sold after the first one is kept for research.

It may not actually work that way at the moment but that would be a bug rather than a need for you to manually find every item!

Might just be my opinion that its uneeded extra clicking and that that would be annoying to have in the long run. What do other people think?

Agreed, would become annoying.

We'll know the ins and outs of every type of alien ship, even in our sleep, soon enough. :)

When I first read this, I thought it would be about making the game open ended, where you could continue after defeating the Alien Invasion Force, or whatever the end Game Scenario will be. Been Playing Fallout alot lately and Dont like how the game forces you to quit when you "win"

Hell yea! I love Gauddlikes' suggestion.

It lets nutz play like he wants.

<spoiler>And I always wanted to play with a Sectoid Commander in a squad, so I get what I want with Xenonauts 2

Edit: And do you guys remember Ethereals? If I get to put them in a squad I can prolly order them to ditch the cloaks. That ought to be fun for 20 minutes for sure.</spoiler>

Edited by kribu