Bugs / Issues in Xenonauts V1.0

The Scout landing thing is literally a single cell in aircrafts.xml (it's at the end of the file). Just change 'can land' to 'yes'.

You can also change the likelihood of UFOs landing in the individual mission files. Research missions are the only type, by default, that can have landings in any case, with a vanilla 10% chance per hour. But you can add the same line into other mission types (though scouting and ground attack are really the only other appropriate ones) and change the likelihood there, too.

In other words, its a 2 minute job.

Alright, just had two much more serious issues occur; serious but not game-breaking given they both went away after I quit and restarted. First of all I had the "invincible alien" bug which others have reported. It seems as though the game had gotten confused about where he was supposed to be on the map; I couldn't target him normally, but there was a spot near the UFO's door that I couldn't move my men onto that I'd usually be able to. When mousing-over that spot (a few tiles away from the alien), the cursor would snap to the visible location of the alien instead, and clicking it would cause my men to fire at the alien's visible location, albeit to no effect. Reloading a save corrected this.

Secondly, after getting back to the geoscape and saving immediately, I found my game frozen in time. I could access my base any do anything else, but time wouldn't advance on the geoscape regardless of speed. Reloading saves did nothing and I was worried all of my saves might have been corrupted, but quitting out of the game and restarting seems to have fixed it. Just quitting to the menu didn't do it though, I had to actually close the game completely.

Game breaking geoscape crash:

- I think I got Game Over (Veteran difficulty), but the game doesn't display it after a month changes. Then the game soon stops working when I try to press the icons with mouse.

http://i.minus.com/iHda69K1paczs.jpg - Month is about to change

http://i.minus.com/iomPJ7IvmH5dV.jpg - Month changed. Game over? Look game time, objective etc.

Geoscape crash:

- Sometimes UFOs don't vanish properly. After a UFO group started Aerial Bombardment Terror Mission the group that started it didn't vanish. I saved at this point. After I pressed the UFO group with mouse the game stopped working. After I loaded the save the UFO group had properly vanished with only the Aerial Bombardment Terror Mission remaining.

Tooltip error:

- "Laser shotgun" (carbine) magazine size is 6 and not 8 like tooltip says.

Posted this in the bug report forum, but in the event you're trying to keep all the release issues consolidated:

Units with grenades are unable to use flares. If a unit has any type of grenade available during a night mission, flares aren't set as the default in the quick grenade slot, meaning only units that have no grenades available have any method for deploying flares. I don't remember if any base missions also make flares available, but if so it's probably the same case there as well.

You just have to press right mouse button on the quick slot.

Edited by Action83

I noticed that the text in the "intro" view on a new type mission don't fit the text area, and you cant scroll to read all of it.

This applies to several other pop-ups as well (for example, the Structures Complete one on the Geoscape with more than three buildings completed at once), especially on lower resolutions; they either need to be bigger or have scroll bars added.

The button for the drop-down list on the Item Transfer screen reverses when clicked (i.e. it points up when the list is closed, and down when it's open), besides looking a bit wonky. I'd say it should be removed, since clicking the list itself will open/close it just fine, so it's not really needed.

I have the "Main menu background screen doesn't display correctly if you have a slow hard drive." bug. I wasn't aware that hard drives were classified according to speed. It's not a huge problem, being as it likely affects only a small percentage of players. Is it something you can patch, or is it completely a hardware issue? I can learn to live with it. Probably going to upgrade soon anyway.

Some times alien moves are like fast forwarded and this can lead to interesting results like them being able to squeeze an additional shot in before my reactions or shooting a target that they already killed. it's like the game plays too fast and the AI makes desicions too slow.

I wonder, has anything happened with the issue of aliens charging but not shooting?

has two cases of an alien running towards soldiers, stopping in the open and just reserving TUs for reaction fire instead of shooting outright (after 7:20 and 11:25).

Problem that has just caused me to have to restart my game :( Not a crash, a game ruining bug.

On the sell/transfer screen, if you select which items you wish to transfer BEFORE switching to transfer mode, then click transfer mode, and then push the button to actually do the transfer, the items are transferred into limbo as far as I can tell. They just vanish, never arriving at the other base, but still leaving the first base.

Also, the transfer items screen appears to have some graphical bugs. Such as arrow buttons overlapping the background art in the wrong way.

Now that the Valkyrie can only carry 12 soldiers max, the hotkeys for soldiers 13-16 are no longer needed and should be removed from the Game Options' key bindings. Speaking of which, there's a binding for "Zoom In", but no "Zoom Out". I could've sworn there's been one at some point.

You can still have up to 16 soldiers in a base defense mission.

I also just remembered another very minor, but very easy to fix issue; the advanced medkit's description string is still "TBD".

If you dismiss a soldier (at least from the Hire/Fire section, using checkboxes to "Dismiss selected"), the dismissed soldier runs away with equipment. I fired a bad-stats soldier and he ran away with a suit of Jackal armour. I'm not sure if this affects other manufactured items as well (e.g. weapons).

There's a missing animation in v1.0. It's one that isn't used though, hence why I'm not putting it in the bug forum.

Basic armour, pistol. "crouchburst_nw" should be called "crouchburstshoot_nw", which is why there's no animation. Pistols don't burst fire in vanilla, but useful for anyone using spectres for new weapons.

Minor bug: I sent a soldier into battle at not-quite-full health, and their health bar showed 51/49. I believe their actual normal health pool was 55. Sorry I don't have exact numbers or a screenshot.

I'm regularly getting that too. I'm guessing that the soldier gets an automatic increase of max HP when entering battle with wounds, game thinks he got wound in battle maybe.

I'm on V1.1 now, but I'm having an issue with aliens making impossible shots from ground level at units on a level above them and inside buildings, far from any windows or doors. The shot seems to be treated like the Alien and unit are on the same level, which is pretty significant if it's true.

I was also shot at through the floor when standing on a level above an alien. Is this behavior expected?

Hi Chris, I felt that in the soldier roles drop-down menu could use a 'delete' button or icon (maybe a trash can) so that if you no longer want that custom role you created then it won't clog up the menu (or am I missing something here?). Also, I thought of a 'rename role' button or icon so that you can change the role name to something else if you wished.

Would it be too late to ask for things like this to be implemented into the game? :)

Got some nasty crashes at late game during ennemy turns on missions with Carrieres or battleships.

- The carrier missions seem to crash when a soldier is atop a building

- the battle ship mission crashes evreytime during ennemy turn. (save here)

Thanks for your efforts. Still fond of the UFO designs :).

Nixx

Edited by Nixx