Xenonauts V1.0 Released!

I'm sad and yet so happy at the same time!

Now it seems I wont have an excuse to come on the forums 2-3 times today. But now we can all sample what will I hope go down in the lores as a great XCOM-esque / isometric turn based classic.

Thanks to all the team.

Now shut up and take the money!

Just met an immortal and untargettable Ceasan.

The damn thing was hiding behind some trees, so i took them down with a rocket (not sure if i damaged the alien too). Anyway, after removing the obstacle, we managed to get the alien in our line of sight, but it was untargettable. Even shooting at its tile didn't manage to deal it damage. The Ceasan proceeded to keep squatting, shooting my poor soldiers and taking them down one by one while we helplessly kept firing at him both bullets and rockets (at its tile, since the game didn't let me target the enemy). Soldiers were firing at him with the "reflex" auto-fire too, but not a single bullet managed to hit it.

Then i quit the game, reloaded the ironman save and apparently the problem was fixed: i could finally target that alien correctly once again.

I seriously wish i could give you more info on how to replicate this bug, Chris.

Now it seems I wont have an excuse to come on the forums 2-3 times today.

Sure you will. The mid-game, with hovering harridans and aliens on the upper floors of buildings, and the late game, particularly massive ships and the final mission now that 12 soldiers is max, haven't been playtested by a significant number of people yet

Awesome news and congrats to the development team! time to get reviewing and enjoying!

For those that are interested, my review will be up within the first 1 to 2 weeks of June

Youtube channel: Korpah the Dutch Gamer

Click here for to go to my Youtube Channel

Click here to subscribe to my Youtube channel

This PC Gaming Channel will bring you let's play, walkthroughs, previews and reviews of games new and old.

Contact info:

Click here to send me an Email

Click here for my Steam Profile

Click here for my Twitter Page

Edited by Korpah

This game feels so good now. It's amazing how things just came together with the last few days of mad polishing. I just hope further fixes don't break anything, as the game is inches from perfection! I'm sure you will get great reviews.

Quick thing I noticed:

I was just looking through the UFO crew loadouts and noticed that - unlike all of the other UFO types - the Andron Carrier has variable crew numbers for some of the entries. It probably doesn't matter - the numbers look reasonable - but I wanted to mention it in case it's been accidentally missed on a balance pass or something.

It's that time already? Well, congratulations to Chris, the Goldhawk team and everyone else who worked on the game.

I've been following Xenonauts' development for the better part of the last three years, and it sure has come a long, long way since the first Geoscape alphas. There's still work to do, no doubt, but I'm confident the "official" release won't disappoint.

Awesome job guys!!!!

Been a long time waiting for this day! Played around 2 hours of the release, and had a glitch where i couldnt esc to get a menu, didnt get any intercept notifications... had to ALT + F4 the game...

but am loving it... reloading and gonna get some more game time! Congratulations again! :)

Just encountered my very first alien on the upper floors of a building. Sneaky little caesan on the catwalk of a warehouse sniping through a row of windows at my troops. It came off flawlessly; multiple shots exchanged between ground level and the second floor, the caesan juking and taking cover, my guys storming up the steps, everything.

If this is the result of GJ's work, and it continues to play out like this, I'm happy and impressed. Woohoo multi-level combat at last!!!

Congrats on the release!

I just ran a mission where I lost every single soldier. I tried it again and lost not one. So it's not always the same thing, that's for sure.

Also - I'm pleased to see ALIENS COME OUT OF THE SHIPS NOW. I was down to the last one and setup my guys and just waited.... he pops out and took a shot from the next tile. Awesome moment.

WOW! Congratulations, Chris, Aaron, Giovanni, Gijs-Jan and the rest of the crew. As you all know, I've been actively following this game for at least three years and I'm really happy with how it's turned out! This game is by far the best remake of XCom genre that's ever been done. In many ways you have exceeded the original. I hope soon you will all take some time off now and enjoy the fruits of your labor. Go have a nice vacation with your families and forget about Xenonauts for a few weeks. I know the countless hours and late nights that it takes to produce a quality game and you now richly deserve some time to yourselves!

Edited by StellarRat

So how about some deafening congratulations from all of us and some vacation for all of you now?

Well done everyone. This is a milestone and you at least deserve a heartfelt pat in the back, a few rounds of applause, a nice fresh beer and a few days off.

Congratulations to all at Goldhawk. It's been an absolute pleasure following this game to release. Everyone on the forum should give themselves a big pat on the back too, as this is easily one of the friendliest, open places I've been a part of.

Looking forward to actually sitting down and playing the game for the first time in a while. I'm getting that original X-Com thrill again. Thank you Goldhawk.

Congrats Goldhawk.

Time to go on holiday yeah? :P

As one of the early pre-KS backers, I have to say it's been interesting following (and sort of being involved thanks to the close communication by Chris and the suggestions threads) over such a long period and it's good to finally see the game hit gold.