[v22.10] Are Aliens like this one supposed to be not stunnable

I made liberal use of gas as well as cattle prods on the remaining guy in the save ([ATTACH]3871[/ATTACH]). The electro-shocks showed the number, but they didn't stun him.

If this is by design, how is the user supposed to understand? Especially as, at least with the cattle prod, this alien as well as the little flying saucer show the stun damage number. The message would be perfectly clear, if they showed "immune". "resisted" would go in the right direction but imply that they resisted this one time, and might not resist next time.

Fight2.sav

Fight2.sav

Edited by Myth

Yeah, those guys are robots. The stun rods do actual damage to them rather than stun damage, which is why we can't write "Immune". The research description after the mission explains that they are robots once you've accidentally killed him with the stun rod.

I can't open a sav file from where I'm accessing the Internet now but...

Androns and drones (the little UFOs) are immune to stun and cannot be supressed...they're robots.

Harridans and any alien that's wearing gas masks (like alien base commanders) or envirnoment suits cannot be gassed, though a stun baton might work on them...if you could survive standing next to them.

I remember chucking a gas grenade at a cluster of Androns before I knew for sure they could not be stunned. They all had the 'RESISTED' flag pop up. Chucking a flashbang at them (I think) will show stun damage but will never actually stun them, nor will it suppress them.

I can't open a sav file from where I'm accessing the Internet now but...

Androns and drones (the little UFOs) are immune to stun and cannot be supressed...they're robots.

Harridans and any alien that's wearing gas masks (like alien base commanders) or envirnoment suits cannot be gassed, though a stun baton might work on them...if you could survive standing next to them.

I remember chucking a gas grenade at a cluster of Androns before I knew for sure they could not be stunned. They all had the 'RESISTED' flag pop up. Chucking a flashbang at them (I think) will show stun damage but will never actually stun them, nor will it suppress them.

It might be useful to point out at this juncture that electroshock grenades work on every type of alien. They either kill them or stun them, but you may need to use more than one.