Community fund raiser for expansion/sequel

I wonder if the community is strong enough and desires an expansion or even sequel to Xenonauts to the extent of actually funding it after release, would Chris consider this option? Pretty much following the template he set himself when starting the entire project.

I'd bloody hell participate in such an enterprise.

Personally I am pretty much crowd funded out these days :P

I don't really buy early access or back on kickstarter/indiegogo unless it is something incredibly awesome that I feel just HAS to have money thrown at it right now.

Not many projects make that grade.

I don't feel a Xenonauts expansion would make my list due to the problems the game has at its core, literally the game engine in particular.

Possibly a sequel as I am 100% convinced Chris has learnt a lot through the dev process and I think being able to start again could yield some very different, and very interesting, results.

Chris has said that a sequel is not going to be the next project but until it is announced in a few weeks we can only guess what it will be.

I will certainly consider throwing some cash at it if there is a pre-order program of some kind.

I would be more interested in a expansion for Xeno than a Xeno 2 (especially 'cause it's much more quickly and cheap).

Also they would be able to try out new features not presented in the OG and maybe change somethings in the engine that may reveal a liability after the release. Xenonauts may not be perfect but still surpassed all my expectations for such a indie game. It gameplay is way better than the OG or the 2012 remake and it is remarkable since, to me, in 20 years only two XCom-like games was better than the OG: XCom Apoc. and, now, Xenonauts.

Nah, I'm not interested in doing either. The tech in the game is too primitive to do an expansion and I don't want to do a sequel yet.

I imagine most people will like what we're doing next anyway, so just wait a few weeks for that to get announced.

Car crash, didn't hurt. Jumped off a roof and broke my ankle, nah didn't hurt... TFTD - weeks of unbearable agony getting wiped out over and over again by lobster things in the shadows that your freakin bubble guns couldn't even scratch. Now that is pain, please do not remake TFTD.

I still vote X-Cthulhu

EDIT:

Car crash, didn't hurt. Jumped off a roof and broke my ankle, nah didn't hurt... TFTD - weeks of unbearable agony getting wiped out over and over again by lobster things in the shadows that your freakin bubble guns couldn't even scratch. Now that is pain, please do not remake TFTD.

Don't worry, if Firaxis remakes TFTD I'm sure the repetition will kill you long before the Lobstermen get you :D

- Incidentally, TFTD is my favourite X-Com. I'd love a faithful remake.

Edited by MagnusF

I would still like to see a good remake of a Syndicate style game.

I know there is at least one of them in progress (Satellite Reign springs to mind) but the experience of making Xenonauts could really help make a new Syndicate with all of the great features intact and add some great new ones.

I would still like to see a good remake of a Syndicate style game.

I know there is at least one of them in progress (Satellite Reign springs to mind) but the experience of making Xenonauts could really help make a new Syndicate with all of the great features intact and add some great new ones.

Agree.

The demo video looks nice already. Hope it will have decent strategy too and not combat only.

Next game is Xenonauts: Enhanced Edition of course. Bringing you such things as HD textures, new lighting effects, widescreen support and new achievements. Preorder now for way more than this thing should cost!

Sure, where?

EDIT: Darn, you're not on the dev team!!

I'd like to see a multiplayer (1v1) game that has a mix of stopped-time and real-time control, inspired by Frozen Synapse and the Xenonauts Air Combat minigame.

In the default game mode, each player has a wing of four fighter craft, and each player's mission is to either destroy the enemy wing or to bomb some objective on a randomly generated map. This is done by issuing orders to the aircraft, such as "attack this target," "defend this region," "take this flight path," and so on. The gimmick is that either player is allowed to pause the game at any time so that he may issue orders, but orders can only be issued while the game is paused. A player's pause bank is constantly recharging so that he gets an extra pause once every ten seconds of game time. The goal of the game is to predict the opponent's moves so that he is forced to spend pauses more quickly.

The game would feature a minimalist design and lively music, similar to the Xenonauts air-combat game.

Edited by lemm