2 years of waiting and I finally installed!

I wanted to wait until Xenonauts was completed before I played it but I finally cracked. I've not gone very far into it yet but...

MY GOD THIS GAME HAS ROCKED MY BALLS OFF (in a good way)

I've been happy to wait knowing that the game will benefit and I'm glad I'm not disappointed. Chris and the team have done a first class job from the look, sound, UI and so many little bits of detail that really add to the immersion.

Thanks to the Devs and to the community for the thousands of hours of testing (I read the forums on an unhealthily regular basis). My social life is going to be in tatters :D

Two years of waiting...

And "reading the forums on a regular basis"...

Wow, I admire your strength.

As I was so dissappointed by the "arcade-style" Firaxis version, next to the two-month-game-stopping bugs :mad:, and the lack of strategic depth, I was desperately looking for a real UFO:Enemy unknown game. Honestly it (Firaxis version) should not have been named XCOM.

Found it, read the Devs intentions and viewed some gameplay videos, and I was hooked.

Instantly purchsed it. And in general I am more a "late follower" than an "early bird" customer.

And even not finalized up to now I have drowned up to 4-5 times hours into Xenonauts than into the other.

• 3 weeks later...

I just completed another round of the "other" XCOM (XCOM EW)....rushed it so I can finally start on Xenonauts properly! I've played a few hours in to this game a number of times over the last couple of years but have been waiting for the release to get fully enveloped in it! I am starting now and am very excited to see how far it's progressed (and to get to the end). I happen to like the Firaxis version, Love the original XCOM and expect to love this game as well. Wish me luck!

Edit....fun...first ground mission...rushed it and got everyone killed.... now to get serious.. I love this game!!!

Edited by Russonc

For me it's been years of searching for an X-Com (original) re-working & I stumbled across this on humblebundle. Just completed three ground missions & am so please how close to the original it is. So glad I found it now and didn't wait 2 years like the original poster, don't think I could have held out that long anyway.