Enhanced UFO Crash Sites (Mod)

kabill

When I tested this, I set incendiary armour to 1000 (set that high to minimise any effects of armour degradation). I only tested it a little bit, but it seemed to completely protect the aliens from damage. However, they would still insist on walking through the fire, thereby playing the damage sound which you can hear faintly in the Fog of War. This might be a bit much if you have a lot of aliens wandering around the UFO in burnt-out areas.

Also, there are weapons which use the incendiary damage type (it's basically used for high explosive weapons, such as C4 and possibly rockets). This can be easily changed, but this means you'll lose the damage multiplier that incendiary-type weapons get against props (if you care about that).

if the problem are flames, nix the fire inside the ufo and leave small clumps outside. we could assume the UFO has a fire suppression system or something.

So we keep the smoke and the damage, maybe blown out walls if possible to include, and presto. better than having to give the aliens flameproofing.

@Chaos Blade: I already did this for ECS and FitH (more or less; it's not possible to control the size of the power core explosions so even at the extreme edges they usually penetrate the UFO slightly but it's close enough). Mikhail is asking for a different mod which is using the power core explosions to destroy particular props, which by necessity need to be inside the UFO. There's no other solution, other than copying what I did for ECS and producing a multitude of submaps with different damaged props.

(Alternatively, if Solver implements it, control over the size/fire output of power core explosions would be perfect)

There's some oddness with alien pathing anyway, they're not avoiding fire even when they do see it - they sometimes plow right into it regardless. The best example has just happened...

Down to the last ET on the map, I find him near the bird. I chase him into the UFO (a scout), he runs into the back room, vaults a prop right into a fire. Dies. Mission complete.

Yeah, that's part of the problem. I wondered whether it wasn't due to the way the pathing AI works (according to aiprops, it weights tiles in terms of how valuable they are to the unit, but that doesn't seem to factor in hazards getting in the way) but I've also seen aliens move onto a burning tile and stop there (even when they could see it was on fire at the beginning of the turn). Might just be that the negative weight against environmental factors isn't high enough, though, at least for the last issue.

@Chaos Blade: I already did this for ECS and FitH (more or less; it's not possible to control the size of the power core explosions so even at the extreme edges they usually penetrate the UFO slightly but it's close enough). Mikhail is asking for a different mod which is using the power core explosions to destroy particular props, which by necessity need to be inside the UFO. There's no other solution, other than copying what I did for ECS and producing a multitude of submaps with different damaged props.

(Alternatively, if Solver implements it, control over the size/fire output of power core explosions would be perfect)

My bad, I completely misunderstood the issue :/

Anyway, I wanted to congratulate you about the mod, I've yet to play it, but it seems to be the right amount of flavor the game should have had regardless of issues. sure, it is cosmetic, but it is about immersion. I mean you have this beaten, torn and cracked UFO and yet the surrounding area is pristine... yeah...