(Mod Update) XNT Into Darkness V3.7 - "BlackDragon version" (New Aliens and weapons)

Finally new laser weapons! I was holding over laser weapons reasearch in my save game just in hope that I could have it right away when it's launched! By the way I love the new laser pistol looks... it kinda remembers me the Auto 9 from Robocop! Hahaha!

When is it comming off?

Also kabill finished his awesome Fire in The Hole mod. Can we expect this last update in the next build of XNTID?

The Fire in the hole is compatible right now with XNT, but first Kabill and me are working to make UFOs destructible with the original layout. I found that modded interiors of Kabills pack break XNT game play at UFO door.

The UFO door is dangerous place in this mod, you need to be carefully approaching UFO and this mod makes that aliens look for cover in the interior of the Kabills intrincated UFOs. :/

Im just about testing the weapons and creating a "Tester" update for players that already have saves with the current build. This tester mode has unlocked the new weapons and refix the techtree to aboid save loosing

Oh, that's wonderful! So I will let my researches go wild! By the way, how can I put kabill updated mod together with XNT Into Darkness? Just download it and put on the assets folder and ready to go?

Oh, that's wonderful! So I will let my researches go wild! By the way, how can I put kabill updated mod together with XNT Into Darkness? Just download it and put on the assets folder and ready to go?

That won't work, I'd imagine, as it will overwrite files with changes needed for ITD too.

Yes you can! XNT Mod are prepared to receive the mod, the only thing that you need is extract ONLY the next folders:

- MAPS

- SCRIPTS

- TILES

Thats it! The mod is completely compatible, Im just fighting with all that UFO submaps yet.... For XNT Mod would be great help having extra entrance to UFO, because approaching UFO doors is a nightmare, specially in landing ships, scouts and carriers.

;)

Yes you can! XNT Mod are prepared to receive the mod, the only thing that you need is extract ONLY the next folders:

- MAPS

- SCRIPTS

- TILES

Thats it! The mod is completely compatible, Im just fighting with all that UFO submaps yet.... For XNT Mod would be great help having extra entrance to UFO, because approaching UFO doors is a nightmare, specially in landing ships, scouts and carriers.

;)

Probably worth mentioning that there's a few tiny bug fixes/changes in the game files as well. Specifically:

- Slight correction to the plasma breaching charge which was using the wrong image in GC (just re-copying the plasma breaching charge stats from weapons_gc will fix this).

- Upped the chance of smoke and fire to 100% (up from 90%) and alien kill chance in the crash moved down accordingly to 20%. (Need to copy gameconfig or adjust it manually).

Everything will still work with the old files, but probably best to fix it at some point.

;)

Yeah... already had my first mission against a landing ship... a minor damaged one. Was not very pleasant when the door opened and androns of all sorts started to boil over like the nightmares I had with anthills when I was a child...

Smoked everything and fellback crying in despair! Hahaha! Then rocketed their sorry ass to robot afterlife. Unfortunately those elite ones seems made of Nokias...

By the way I love the way rockets and grenades are presented in this game and mod. In most games of the genre they seems like exaggerations not really needed. Now I can barely do any mission without exploding something. Sometimes I even snipe a caesan with the rocketlauncher just to "hehehe!" about it. Ok, that was an exaggerations... poor caesan...

Edited by Victor_Tadeu

Probably worth mentioning that there's a few tiny bug fixes/changes in the game files as well. Specifically:

- Slight correction to the plasma breaching charge which was using the wrong image in GC (just re-copying the plasma breaching charge stats from weapons_gc will fix this).

- Upped the chance of smoke and fire to 100% (up from 90%) and alien kill chance in the crash moved down accordingly to 20%. (Need to copy gameconfig or adjust it manually).

Everything will still work with the old files, but probably best to fix it at some point.

I already review your mod and apply the changes that I found necessary.

For now up to date commander!

Yeah... already had my first mission against a landing ship... a minor damaged one. Was not very pleasant when the door opened and androns of all sorts started to boil over like the nightmares I had with anthills when I was a child...

Smoked everything and fellback crying in despair! Hahaha! Then rocketed their sorry ass to robot afterlife. Unfortunately those elite ones seems made of Nokias...

xD! LOL hahahaha

You learn to deal with them but I know for sure that you take a lot of shoots entering that place.

Alentium or plasma rockets?

xD! LOL hahahaha

You learn to deal with them but I know for sure that you take a lot of shoots entering that place.

Alentium or plasma rockets?

Alentium missiles. I never was into rockets, but I think they are very important part of the game now when you face lots of armoured units like an andron rush (or just dont want to waste time with this single caesan crouched behind that rock). It's tough but on the funny way. Since androns dont take that much cover and sometimes spend all their TUs shooting from far away at a covered unit, sometimes even a group of sebillians well covered are harder than them. It's compliment! I like the noticeable different AIs between different aliens and the different tactics needed.

MOD GLOBAL UPDATE! NO.19

We take some time to do the right thing, check, balance, and ensure bring the best mod pack I can. We appreciate to all players and tester for your cooperation. I take in consideration EACH of his comments and release this update

XNT - Into Darkness V3.7 Extended A1

1. THE FULL PACK IN THE MAIN TOPIC HAS BEEN UPDATED

2. UPDATER PATCH!

If you have current running versions with SAVES (Only intented to load games, if you want to start back download the full pack), this pack ALLOW you to have unlimited Parango Pistol and Dread Tactical Heavy Cannon.

DOWNLOAD TESTER VERSION V3.7 EXTENDED A1

Thanks for watching and keep playing!

dread.jpg

dread.jpg

dread.thumb.jpg.169cd8eb8acbddad3000ddf9

Suggestion:

For night missions soldiers have a flare that burns one turn. I would like to suggest an advanced flare that lasts two/three turns

That would make night missions more interesting (usually I try to avoid them)

Interesting pathway! Thats a great idea, let me draw some ideas for some equipement.

More suggestion:

Its more a thing to make a game longer and add more "sense" to mass production.

we do mass production, and sell 10 Guns to a country, yes... maybe.

So lets see:

At the beginning without research we can produce low tech components (or low tech whatever), here we can think about that 1 Production Unit is a ton of the stuff, I think a country would buy tons of parts to build their own stuff.

So we could say:

tier 1 : low tech components (cheap to produce, low profit)

tier 1+ : advanced low tech components (available after a research early, still cheap to produce, still low profit but more then t1)

tier 2 : mid tech components (should be a research at the end of ballistic weapons era, needs a very small amount of alien alloys, mid profit)

tier 2+ : advanced low tech components (a resarch at the end of the laser era, needs more alien alloys, more profit)

tier 3: high tech components (at the begin of the plasma era, needs alien alloys and a a little alenium, good profit)

tier 3+ advanced high tech components (end game, needs a lot alien alloys and alenium, high profit)

This would make more sense for mass production and economy things, also we have more things to research, that makes a game longer, and you need to plan your things more.

Also you would know what to produce, when I have no materials, I go for low tech, if my material flow is good, I go to mid tech, if I rule the world, I go to high tech.

Actually the system is already configured at the way you suggest, the problem is that is half developed.

At first hand early research let you sell enforcer SMG quickly but with low profit. Latter with the appear of Alentium you can sell Heavy pistols and probably zephyr LMG.

Just entering the Tier 2 you start producing Jackal armors. At Tier2+ you can sell Heavy Parango Pistols and HMG Korhang.

Right now the economy system is balanced to Tier2+ when you sell wolf armours and Tactical Sniper Dread.

This system allow to sustain 2 bases at Tier1-, 2 at Tier1+, 3 at Tier 2-, 4 at Tier 2+ and finally we hope to reach economy levelto 5 or 6 bases up to tier 3.

Thanks for the appointing, any comment is welcome :)

This system allow to sustain 2 bases at Tier1-, 2 at Tier1+, 3 at Tier 2-, 4 at Tier 2+ and finally we hope to reach economy levelto 5 or 6 bases up to tier 3.

You can sustain more than that in early game if you do all crashed UFO missions. I started with 3 and just after some time I build the 4. I go bankrupt once, but only until the next UFO wave and then I started to produce Korhang for good provit. I'm still tight on money but I do think I will end this month with positive budget.

You can sustain more than that in early game if you do all crashed UFO missions. I started with 3 and just after some time I build the 4. I go bankrupt once, but only until the next UFO wave and then I started to produce Korhang for good provit. I'm still tight on money but I do think I will end this month with positive budget.

Yes but depend on money obtained by crash sites depend too much on the situation, if you are forced to use explosives in a combat you can get very low income, or worst you can lose a important element that cost more than the mission.

I had headache working on a new armor... this is crazy I'll see what to do...

TD, since you already started messing with new aliens, cant you add new aliens types of the existing ones only by changing it palette? Ol' Stinky already did something like this in his Stinky Alien Weapon Variants creating a feral sebillian. Never tried it however.

I had some photoshop skills, a long time since I last used, yeah, but changing some colours is not that hard. I can create those recoloured aliens, but of course I need to know what you may want from the mod, like an yellow dressed caesan to make an engineer, something like that (just an example).

If I remeber well, photoshop had a function to do the same thing for a bunch of the same images. Let me say... you change the palette of an specific image and then your order him to do the same to x number of files. He do it automatically and, voilà, yellow caesans or red jackal armour after just editing one of the pics (that may be problem if a weapon has the same colours of the changed palette, though).

Or, for the time being, you can just create somethink like Jackal Armour Mk.2, with the same graphics, Just like a place holder for something in the future. You even may ask Jsleezy if you can use his enhanced armour graphics, but instead of replacing the current armors, you add them as new armors.

Edited by Victor_Tadeu

Adding new armor can take a looooong time,all those sprites that need to be textured and animated ..... so he really doesn't have much of the choice but to use existing ones unless he is really crazy about creating new models.

Im right now working on a Jackal Armour update, I already finish but making animations is hard, we prefer to use the same ground combat images of the jackal armor.

Maybe if I had luck and Jsleezy permission I can post the armor update today.

Adding new armor can take a looooong time,all those sprites that need to be textured and animated ..... so he really doesn't have much of the choice but to use existing ones unless he is really crazy about creating new models.

I test make batch changes to the original Jackal images but only color modifications... make armor animations takes too long, I considered now unreachable.