(Mod Update) XNT Into Darkness V3.7 - "BlackDragon version" (New Aliens and weapons)

XNT- INTO DARKNESS

Inspiration Mod Based on "Way of Wolf" E. E. Knight

Reapers_Graduation_Photo.jpg

“Warriors want a worthy opponent. There is no redress in fighting the pathetic.”

Donna Lynn Hope

WELCOME TO THE WORLD OF XNT: ITD

IF YOUR NOT FAMILIAR WITH THIS MOD PLEASE CLICK THIS BOTTOM TO KNOW OUR PROJECT OR FOLLOW THIS LINK

REFERENCE LINK9

What is XNT - Into Darkness?

This mod is nothing but hard work and compilation of multiple users, players Xenonauts community. At the same time fulfills the function of providing innovative and demonstrative elements of the scope of the game platform.

What makes it different?

XNT - Into Darkness is planned for players looking for a faster pace of play and active action GCs, mixing a kind of specific modifications that make the exciting diverse environment. The idea is to provide tools to the player from the beginning to take its own path in the struggle of the alien invasion.

How to play

First you must understand that there are various forms and parameters that allow you to start the way you want, however there are several alternatives or pattern to start playing:

- Air Supremacy, the initial focus resources in powerful and destructive fleet of aircrafts at high economy cost.

- Economy Factor, Prepare, designing and making multiple factories of mass production. (Beware based attacks are frequent).

- Armor Rush, if you want to ensure your supremacy and survival of soldiers in combat, you need to focus your efforts on developing heavy and solid platforms vehicular warfare (tanks).

- Technology Master, Prepares several research divisions ready to diagnose and take advantage of the alien technology, you always will have cutting edge technology in combat.

- Imagine your own way, there are thousands of ways to address these elements and mix.

Whats unique in XNT - Into Darkness?

- Unique AI combination of scripts

- Possible to make money by manufacture

- Aim and damage dynamic is heavily changed

BLACK DRAGON EDITION XNT - INTO DARKNESS V3.8

PLEASE TRY TO START A NEW GAME WITH THE PACK

New Features:

- 10x New weapons added to the game

- "The Slaves" available in the game (Sebillian Human Prisioners has been transformed in a horro beast called "Gargol")

- 2x New Rank units added to REAPERS! (Exclusive in this edition - "Creepers Remake")

- Special Alien Class Analysis (Lore+ Mod Included)

- Weapons, Damage and Balance complete modification.

- Alien Races has changed completly

- Building Unkeep, Economy and Manufacture has been reviewed and fixed.

- New Paths of Research tree.

- KABILLS UFO HULL BREACH compatible version, you only need to extract maps and tiles of Kabills pack. LINK

HOW TO INSTALL

(UPDATE 28/05/14!) V3.8H3 XNT MAIN CORE PACK

https://www.dropbox.com/s/r2m7ty08j7zvtpp/XNT%20-%20Into%20Darkness%20V3.8H3%20Expanded.rar

(EXTRA PACK!) Download the next Music and background Pack

DOWNLOAD MUSIC AND BACK

2. Go to Assets/Backgrounds and delete the folder called "animations"

3. Unpack the RAR archive to "Assets" folder.

RECOMMENDED MAP PACK

KABILL RANDOM MAP PACK!

1. Copy Xenonauts folder to new location (Optional but recomended)

2. Extract XNT - Into Darkness CORE Pack in ASSETS folder

3. Extract additional content, XNT - Into Darkness Add-On in ASSETS folder (If you want new music and few arts in game).

4. Recommended extract and install Kabill's Random Map Pack

5. Enjoy and think!

THANKS FOR PLAYING, WE HOPE YOU ENJOY OUR HARD WORK!

Special Thanks for Max_Caine and Kabill for his cooperation and hardwork

SPECIAL ACKNOWLEDGE

Radek, Sentelin, Selgald and Victor_Tadeu for all all the cooperation, feedback, bug report, balance suggestions. You'r great guys!

THANKS TO THE ARTIST HENRY PONCIANO FOR DRAWING SUCH A WONDERFUL ILLUSTRATIONS FOR LORE+

THANKS TO JSLEEZY FOR THE COYOTE ARMOR IMAGE, EXTRACTED FROM THE PACK

Jsleezy Real Armor Pack

THANKS TO THE ORIGINAL CREATORS OF CREEPERS MOD PACK, GREAT JOB!

"Are you prepared to deal with alien invasion Commander?"

alien-invasion-15714-16194-hd-wallpapers.jpg

NEW COMPONENTS IN THE GAME AND CHANGELOG:

CHANGE LOG V3:

V3.7 Extended A1

- Game alien advance has been reduce

- 8x Games included in the game

- Xeonpedia entry for each weapon has included

- Time between waves has been increased to 7800

- Alien Armor value has been modified a bit.

- Alien Equipment and grenades has been improved

- UFO Content has been balanced an reviewed

- Tester Update included

V3.7

- Zombies has been transformed in a new race

- 2x Races was added to the game

- Now Advanced ballistics are Manufacturables and you can keep economy from start with it

- UFO Hull Breach item size reduced and Power-core explosion reduced to 40%

- Internal UFO maps has been removed for balance issues.

- Economy has been rebalanced again.

- Now is harder reach the next Tier of weapons and armors.

- Techtree has been modified.

V3.5-6

- 3x Weapons Added

- Advanced Ballistic Techtree has been developed

- Maintenance of hangars and workshops has been reduced by 20%

- Cost of Radar, Hangar and Workshop reduced by 20%

- Cost and maintenance of laboratories increased by 10%

- Pistol balancing for shot modes and types.

- Wound system changed to each 5 damage 70% and 2 persistent damage (Reduce bleeding effect but difficult to cure).

- Now you can manufacture from beginning of the game (Each Tier has his money maker and the game has a secret money source of resources)

- Stun grenades, stun baton and gas damage is increased by 20%.

V3.4

- 3x Weapons Added

- 4x Research paths added

- Projectile's speed has been increased to 2000

- Alien Weapons has been modified

- Building Unkeep has been reduced -15%

- New Alien AI, "Boss" for the leader commanders.

- Weapon damage (Increased) and Wounds (Less %) has been modified

- Manufacture of Jackal armors is reduced.

- Complete restructure of Alien Stats.

V3.2

- 2x Weapons Added

- 2x Research paths added

- Balanced weapons testing

- Lore+ Remastered

V3.1

- Rank cost reduced by 15%

- Difficulty values is readjusted, aliens stats and accuracy for "Normal" and "Veteran" reduced in 10% and 8% for each one.

- Music is removed due to possible Copyright issues (We'r requesting non-profit free use permission).

- Alien trickery is reduced for Normal and Easy difficulties by 5%.

- Alien Alloy, Plasma Pistol and Plasma Rifle research time is reduced to 80, 73 and 86 for each one.

- Ufocontent has been modified for Alien Attack, the mixture of scripts put some aliens suited for "Hit and run" long ranged attacks, other ones for "assault" and other team like "commander".

- The funding value of countries has been increased by 5% due to increase profit of defending earth.

GENERAL AND GEOSPACE

- New music for Day and different for Night combat.

- New Background and Hidden turn images.

- Air Superiority of alien invasion is dramatically increased.

- Alien Terror Missions chance is reduced due to his HARD difficulty in the mod (Is considered like Boss Fight)

- Base Attack Frequency is increased to force the player put defenses in their stations.

- Each alien as unique behavior and stats.

- Starting money is increased but Month founding is heavily reduced.

- Alien invasion progression has been increased.

- Refuel, Repair and Reload of aircraft has been increased.

- Manufacture cost of Wolf and Predator has been heavily increased (Considered Premium AAA valuable items)

- Laser and Jackal armors selling value has set and balanced, you can set profitable economy at hard cost in space and infrastructure.

- Research tree has been changed (Tips: For heavy armors you need to develop plating for tanks and then extrapolate it to personal armors)

- Starting Soldiers Stats has been increased in range.

- Starting soldiers is reduced to 6, but this soldiers represent the best of humanity.

- Relation cost of alien attacks has been increased.

GROUND COMBAT

- TU consumption of alien Scripts in changed (Behavior.xml)

- Alien Stats has been modified.

- Alien Armor defense is set for each race and ranks.

- Unique AI modifications and new scripts added to the game.

- Clip Size and Ammo for some weapon has increased.

- Armor absorption value is increased.

- Heavy Weapon penalty is changed to 70% of the original accuracy.

- Speed of bullets has increased by 50%.

- Area of Effect and range of explosives has been increased.

- Area of Effect and Range for Flares has been increased, making it more useful in night combat.

- Random damage range for all weapons is changed to 28% instead 50%.

- Kneeling Accuracy boost is increased to 25% instead 20%.

- Armor degradation is reduced to 10%.

- All items in environment as reduced durability by 20% of their original score.

- Explosives makes more damage against structures (7x damage value).

- Short range accuracy bonus is increased to 13%

- Base range of throwing weapons is increased by 0.5

- Range of Burst reaction fire is increased to 20 tiles.

- LOS range for all units has been increased by 20%.

- Weapon ranges is increased in 37% (Not for snipers).

- Wounds deal 5 points of damage and has 50% change to appear by each 5 input damage.

- Damage, Aim parameters and effects has been modified, in this mod shots without cover is HIGHLY possible.

- Cover value of objects has been increased by 25% but weapons accuracy is dramatically increased.

- Tanks and weapon plataforms has been increased in power and protection.

NEW WEAPON SPECS:

Sub Machinegun Enforce EF-Z701

MP.jpg

Fire Mode: Burst Fire 23AP

Accuracy: 28%

Fire Rate: 4 Bullets (16 Bullets per turn full auto)

Damage: Pistol Ammo Caliber .45 (20 Nominal damage, 10 Stun Damage)

Armor Penetration: None

Range of effect: Medium

Tactical Notes:

- Suited for urban and short combat environment.

- Can be used with shields.

- Highly effective against low armored units.

- Quick reload system.

- High ammo consumption and Small Clip size

Light Assault Rifle - LMG Zephyr MK-ZP802

M16.jpg

Fire Mode:

Snap Shot 24AP - 44% accuracy

Aimed Shot 60AP - 98% Accuracy

Burst Fire 32AP - 32% Accuracy

Fire Rate: 4 Bullets in burst fire

Damage: Special Rifle Ammo Caliber .45 (33 Nominal damage, 18 Stun Damage)

Armor Penetration: Low

Range of effect: Long and short range

Tactical Notes:

- Most advanced ballistic rifles developed in XNT Facilities

- Versatile and powerfull weapon for all ranges

- Only heavy armored units can stop this special ammo without damage.

- Slow to reaload

- High ammo consumption and high Recoil.

Reapers_Graduation_Photo.jpg

alien-invasion-15714-16194-hd-wallpapers.jpg

MP.jpg

M16.jpg

Reapers_Graduation_Photo.jpg.b500d7c149a

alien-invasion-15714-16194-hd-wallpapers

MP.jpg.8b5dc2488f33298d8cbfdca48add4d91.

M16.jpg.28c1a51e9d5ff932024948c30b8d35db

Edited by TacticalDragon

Machinegun HMG Korhang KR-R331

HMG.jpg

Fire Mode: Burst Fire 30AP

Accuracy: 30%

Fire Rate: 7 Bullets (21 Bullets per turn in full auto)

Damage: Pistol Ammo Caliber .48 (29 Nominal damage, 10 Stun Damage)

Tactical Notes:

- Suited for heavy suppression and cover destruction

- His powerful firepower can overcome grouped enemies

- High Recoil and Weight limit the use of the weapon to restricted situation and trained soldiers.

- Slow Reload.

HEAVY PISTOL - WarHawk WR-H33

DUAL OR LASER SIGHT VERSION

Dualhawk.jpg

Warhawk.jpg

Snap Shot 18AP - 30% accuracy

Normal 28AP - 50% Accuracy

Aimed 48AP - 105% Accuracy

Fire Rate: Single shot

Damage: Pistol Ammo Caliber .50 (35 Nominal damage, 20 Stun Damage)

Tactical Notes:

- Powerful impact can damage heavy armors without need of any anti-armor ammunition.

- Laser Sight mounted in this unit makes very accurate weapon (No usable in dual wield).

- Can be used Dual Wield OR Can be used with shields.

- Effective against heavy armored units

- Heavy build, recoil and reload time makes this weapon suited only for veteran soldier.

SPECIAL OPS - ThunderBolt AZT300

Thunderbolt.jpg

Fire Mode:

Snap Shot 30AP - 52% accuracy

Aimed Shot 49AP - 104% Accuracy

Fire Rate: Low

Damage: Armor Piercing Shotgun Slugs (36 Nominal damage, 36 Stun Damage)

Armor Penetration: Medium

Range of effect: Medium range

Tactical Notes:

- Modified version of the conventional shotgun.

- Versatile and powerful weapon suited for close range and selective targets.

- Can deal high amount of kinetic potential that can cause enemies to knock out even if they resist the impact.

- Slow to reaload and ammo

- Has limited use in combat field in terms of range, rate of fire and damage.

HMG.jpg

Dualhawk.jpg

Warhawk.jpg

Thunderbolt.jpg

HMG.jpg.05c2e515fdf4942a783cb929b6409196

Dualhawk.jpg.27abc6d537fff732895b7be7331

Warhawk.jpg.e58274a6569868893d7a3f613d17

Thunderbolt.jpg.a70c1344ecc3f5ae08401f84

NEW ENEMY TYPES

THE SLAVES - GARGOL

Gargol.png

Description:

When sebillian take prisoners never happen in vain, they subject the person to aggressive and painful procedures to make them perfect slaves, they called "Gargol". People in earth is victim from this procedure commander, each time you kill one of this beast remember that they are crying inside partially dead, one time ago they were humans.

Speed: Low - Medium

Resilience: HIGH

Characteristics: Regeneration, High Muscular build, Unblockable, Immune to chemicals

Damage potential: Physical Kinetic - Moderated

Behavior: Shadow ambusher - Support ranged units.

THE BREED - VIPER

Viper.png

Delta.jpg

Description:

Caesans had a little dark secret, they found the eternal key of life and at the same time they learn how to produce it. This wonderful mystery of the universe let the caesans build his eternal towers and cities in his home planet, they force the life to cheat on his tide. Now they reach Earth, thanks to "The Protean Alliance" and they are not alone. They create creatures called "Vipers", heavy hunter capable to hunt better than a lion and armored as hell. Commander... I suggest to use tanks and heavy weapons here, never let them reach your soldiers.

Speed: High

Resilience: Moderated to High (Depend on the size of the unit)

Characteristics: Regeneration, Agile body build, Heavy Armored Against kinetic

Damage potential: Physical Kinetic - Moderated

Behavior: Ambusher - Pack attack.

Gargol.png

Viper.png

Delta.jpg

Gargol.png.aaee8274a95c09fca283e6df23fc7

Viper.png.8534fc16cec01eb3cc4da15690c798

Delta.jpg.18570724810f69a9ebf6820e72dc60

Damn! Is there a way to sneak just the creatures in 21 somehow then?

Possible but not easy and i imagine that Tactical Dragon re-balanced them both for EXP 9 and his mod,so if you are going to add them into v21 stable then you will have to do it with source files.It's better for you to wait for final release which will happen in less than 10 days.

Edited by Sentelin

Possible but not easy and i imagine that Total dragon re-balanced them both for EXP 9 and his mod,so if you are going to add them into v21 stable then you will have to do it with source files.It's better for you to wait for final release which will happen in less than 10 days.

I understand that, mate, although I'm trying to get the feel of what I'll like and what I'll prefer to tweak/avoid to build the ultimate experience with the game on release or at least as close as possible... You have no idea how pedantic I am in that matter, spent probably more time preparing my H3 WOG sprites than actually playing the game. Let's say it's a passionate hobby when I feel up for it.

I hope that doesn't read as any form of disrespect to the modder as I deeply respect the work involved.

But why wont you just change to the experimental build? Seems stable right now (hotfix 8 was crashing, so far ok with 9).

To better use XNT Into Darkness you may need a new game anyway, so worring about save compatibility can be a waste if that's the problem (beliebe me, I tried to edit the files to do it myself).

But why wont you just change to the experimental build? Seems stable right now (hotfix 8 was crashing, so far ok with 9).

To better use XNT Into Darkness you may need a new game anyway, so worring about save compatibility can be a waste if that's the problem (beliebe me, I tried to edit the files to do it myself).

To be honest I'm just not into trying 10 different mods before I have thoroughly examined the vanilla version of whatever game I play, unless it is strictly cosmetic variations of UI, screens, portraits and stuff. Additional content to play with is a blessing though if I can find a way to balance it to my taste, although I prefer to avoid big balance changes at this stage. Perhaps it is a bit conservative although once I let all those features mix in my head my experience ultimately suffers. Hope that makes sense?

To be honest I'm just not into trying 10 different mods before I have thoroughly examined the vanilla version of whatever game I play, unless it is strictly cosmetic variations of UI, screens, portraits and stuff. Additional content to play with is a blessing though if I can find a way to balance it to my taste, although I prefer to avoid big balance changes at this stage. Perhaps it is a bit conservative although once I let all those features mix in my head my experience ultimately suffers. Hope that makes sense?

You can make copies of the game, copy the vanilla, the experimental and the modded ones in different folders, they run perfectly. As Sentelin says, refix the pack for experimental will be huge amount of work and test.

Yeah, it do makes sense. I know people that prefer vanilla games before mod so they can have a better opinion about it. Just a matter of personal preference. Speaking by myself, I'm the opposite. I almost never play vanilla even from the start.First thing I do when I'm about to try a new game is check his mod community... haha!

But, still, experimental build v22 seems pretty stable right now and still is vanilla game. As far my experience with it goes, it's safe to play instead of v21, since it have less bugs and a better balance.

You can make copies of the game, copy the vanilla, the experimental and the modded ones in different folders, they run perfectly. As Sentelin says, refix the pack for experimental will be huge amount of work and test.

I know mate, and I will definitely give this mod a try as soon as I've had my taste of the final Xenonauts as it seems very rich and I'm curious for the interesting gameplay changes you are trying to introduce. I also know a couple friends who would find it very welcome and will be recommending it to them. Although I'd like to withhold from this kind of in-depth changes for the time being. I'm not asking you to revert the entire mod to the version I'm playing but merely interested if I can experiment with some of its features on my own, if you don't mind of course.

But, still, experimental build v22 seems pretty stable right now and still is vanilla game. As far my experience with it goes, it's safe to play instead of v21, since it have less bugs and a better balance.

Yes although it is unlikely there will be as big of a difference between v22 and the released one as the gameplay gap between v21 and v22 and I don't want to end up getting through all the changes now and see just minor polishing and a couple of bugs in the release.

Anyway I'm diverting the focus off the great work Tactical_Dragon has done and it just isn't fair as this thread should be about him getting feedback and/or posting updates on the mod, so if you'd like to continue the mod vs vanilla / stable or experimental discussion let's switch to personal messages?

Well, anyway, KevinHann, eventually give TacticalDragon mod a try! Probably you really do a better job by waiting for the official game release and, until there, I sure Into Darkness will had evolved even more, so you get a better package then.

Right now I face TD mod as I face the current game: it's experimental, bugs and problems are expected, I may eventually had to face savegame incompatibilities and it needs as much feedback it can get. I rarely have a chance to participate in any game or mod development, especially in a game I'm really enjoying like Xenonauts, so I try to help the game/mods devs as much I can so future me can have a better finished product tomorrow... haha!

I even was mentioned in this mod post release! It's cool and rewarding since I helped someone to do something that I using to have fun.

(it even makes me consider buy the new Carmageddon heavily bugged as it is right now just to give the devs feedback)

Edited by Victor_Tadeu

Well, anyway, KevinHann, eventually give TacticalDragon mod a try! Probably you really do a better job by waiting for the official game release and, until there, I sure Into Darkness will had evolved even more, so you get a better package then.

Right now I face TD mod as I face the current game: it's experimental, bugs and problems are expected, I may eventually had to face savegame incompatibilities and it needs as much feedback it can get. I rarely have a chance to participate in any game or mod development, especially in a game I'm really enjoying like Xenonauts, so I try to help the game/mods devs as much I can so future me can have a better finished product tomorrow... haha!

I even was mentioned in this mod post release! It's cool and rewarding since I helped someone to do something that I using to have fun.

Thanks for your support!

As I always say the mod is for players and constructed by players. This pack integrate a lot of Mods right now Lore+, Hull Breach, Alien Remake the old on Creepers (This mod give me lot of work.... god you even imagine).

But the main pillar of XNT - Into Darkness is the game mechanics, they change a lot in comparison to vanilla.

TD, speaking about integration, do you ever consider include Jsleezy armor and portrait into XNT Into Darkness build? Armors is just pics replacing so it have no bug. For portraits, I only use the new portrait pics as replacement, not the config files that gives even more faces to avoid incompatibility. Xtended Soldiers Backgrounds, from Pinetree, also seems good and those juicy new craft from SoloA's Realistic Airfrcrafts mod (unfortunately that last one seems kinda abandoned so I'm not sure if the mod creator is available for contact...).

I know the main feature in you mod is the new mechanics, but I have great respect for you also putting other people work into your build, like you did with kabill mod. It allows the regular player to have more content at once instead of having to choose wich mod to use and never experiencing other modders work.

TD, speaking about integration, do you ever consider include Jsleezy armor and portrait into XNT Into Darkness build? Armors is just pics replacing so it have no bug. For portraits, I only use the new portrait pics as replacement, not the config files that gives even more faces to avoid incompatibility. Xtended Soldiers Backgrounds, from Pinetree, also seems good and those juicy new craft from SoloA's Realistic Airfrcrafts mod (unfortunately that last one seems kinda abandoned so I'm not sure if the mod creator is available for contact...).

I know the main feature in you mod is the new mechanics, but I have great respect for you also putting other people work into your build, like you did with kabill mod. It allows the regular player to have more content at once instead of having to choose wich mod to use and never experiencing other modders work.

Yes, integration is important but in technical questions is a bad factor. Each change of version, each update or hotfix can broke any of the integrated mods. In other hand it increase the size file of the mod and esthetically is possible that one player dislike some of this mods. So I leave the ascetics for the personal player preference.

For balancing Issues I remove map and tiles folder

Suggested action for players that install the map and tiles:

Put the actual full pack on a clean install of xenonauts if you currently unpack maps and tiles.

Did someone test the pack with modified UFO interiors? Any comment about how this Kabill's map pack affect playability?

Any comment about new aliens and weapons would be great!

hanks!

Ah, was talking with kabill exactly about the UFO interiors on his thread!

I like the new interiors, make taking the UFOs more risky, but unfortunately the game mechanichs that allows you to easily exploit the reaction system prevent it from being more challenging. You know, open the door, flashbang the alien, move anyone to close range and shot the hell out of him. I'm not certain if anyone can mod this out.

I was talking with kabill if would be possible different interiors for the same types of UFOs, giving more diversity. It seems to be. Also, since map modding is pretty simple, I may follow his suggestion and try to do some things by myself.

Ah, was talking with kabill exactly about the UFO interiors on his thread!

I like the new interiors, make taking the UFOs more risky, but unfortunately the game mechanichs that allows you to easily exploit the reaction system prevent it from being more challenging. You know, open the door, flashbang the alien, move anyone to close range and shot the hell out of him. I'm not certain if anyone can mod this out.

I was talking with kabill if would be possible different interiors for the same types of UFOs, giving more diversity. It seems to be. Also, since map modding is pretty simple, I may follow his suggestion and try to do some things by myself.

I will really appreciate some help here in this topic, I had a long list of work infront of me....

Can you help me? Thankx victor :)