V22 Experimental 9 Released!

I believe that's a large part of it; you can gain air superiority, but the price is accepting a certain grind factor in doing most of the ground missions for maximum $

Well I consider that the most important part of the game, if you neglect the ground missions, why do you play at all?!

I is also worth noting that you are supposed to do the final mission before a certain point.

Expecting to make it all the way until the next September is unrealistic, as you will be swamped by a massive number of battleships and carriers before then.

I is also worth noting that you are supposed to do the final mission before a certain point.

Expecting to make it all the way until the next September is unrealistic, as you will be swamped by a massive number of battleships and carriers before then.

I didn't toy with how long it's possible to hang on so you might be right although I had no issues with taking on waves of 6-8 of them at a time. Got tired of it as the lag on the crash sites was killing me so I couldn't test further.

Shields need a buff, I'm getting random shots going right through the front and hitting the soldier using it, super weird.

Hmm if this is intended and keeps happening perhaps the hint in the ground combat loading screen should be edited to match the change? It says something like "shields will always block frontal shots..."

Hmm if this is intended and keeps happening perhaps the hint in the ground combat loading screen should be edited to match the change? It says something like "shields will always block frontal shots..."
I'd report as a bug. I think they're are supposed to stop all shots from the front unless, of course, the shot is destroying the shield and the next shot is going through. That happens real fast so it may look like it's not working correctly. Since several people have reported this it might well be a bug.

I'd report as a bug. I think they're are supposed to stop all shots from the front unless, of course, the shot is destroying the shield and the next shot is going through. That happens real fast so it may look like it's not working correctly. Since several people have reported this it might well be a bug.

I don't mind the very same shot that destroys the shield to inflict the additional damage beyond the shield durability, it sounds fair to me.

The shots pass through with NO SHIELD HIT (there is a specific yelow 'puff' over the shield when a shot hits it).

It should be easy to tell if it's a bug, because damage should only pass through if the shield is entirely destroyed. So if a soldier takes damage and still has a shield in hand, then it's a bug.

(I did a little test of this before shooting my own soldiers and didn't see anything odd. But it could be related to particular firing angles or something? And I only did a relatively small number of tests, so it's hardly conclusive.)

It should be easy to tell if it's a bug, because damage should only pass through if the shield is entirely destroyed. So if a soldier takes damage and still has a shield in hand, then it's a bug.

This. To be sure, just give the shield 1000 hp and you will see that it still there after the shot but the soldier takes de shot like if it was fired from a uncovered angle, even if it was fired direct in front of the target. I think that the issue is something about angles.

It seems to happen randomly from time to time, I admit its quite troublesome but probably might be fair if balanced right. By the way it is also possible for the shield to deplete down to 0 hp and still not be destroyed, seems like it takes 81 damage to destroy it rather than 80.

I've seen a 0 hp shield as well, impossible to tell in-game if a 0/80 shield actually absorbs any more damage at that point though, my guess would be it doesn't, but the destruction is only triggered when at least 1 damage passes through it.

As for the blocking angles, 100% block on frontal attacks isn't exactly overpowered in my experience, 45 degrees should be the same squares you count as facing for shooting at. The combination of low range on your only 1 handed weapons, the small cone for full effectiveness, and the maximum damage blocked makes them feel relatively balanced to me as-is. I haven't seen any non-blocks from stuff that was clearly in front facing yet, but that's probably not been that many shots this version.

Hidden reaction fire is still in the game. :/ I left one wounded shotgunner back in the Charlie while all my other units were at the ufo. As I ended my turn, my camera was focused in the ufo. Few seconds later I heard two shotgun blasts go off. At the beginning of my next turn I scrolled the camera back to Charlie only to see a dead sebillian next to my shotgun dude.

Heuristics are false positives many times. I remember when I first started programming, I made a simple calculator program in C++. When I took it home on my flash drive, my antivirus went apeshit and tried to tell me that the executable was an "extremely dangerous heuristic virus".

That is to say it is possible, but VERY unlikely.

Edited by legit1337