Tech Tree Overview

First of all, this is obviously a spoiler. So if you want to find out the techtree yourself, don't read further.

When I looked in the net for a tech tree all I found was the wiki entry over here:

http://xenonauts.wikia.com/wiki/Tech_Trees

But without already knowing all the technologies this overview doesn't really help too much. I was missing a structure and clear indication about what triggers it and what I get for it.

So I sat down and made my own diagram, which you can find over here:

http://ndnw.net/no-hp-stuff/Research.png

I hope that it's of use to some folks. The main challenge, and the most time-consuming aspect was to make it fit into one screen. ^^

Things to mention:

I did not play the very last steps myself yet, and dragged some information from the research.xml which comes with the game. But at some stuff I wasn't sure if they are in the game at all, and therefore left them out. e.g. Researches.ScuttlerDisassembly, as I could not find an entry in the Xenopedia. It's also the only Autopsy/Disassembly which actually gives a damage boost. Guess this is leftover from old data. Also the singularity stuff didn't make too much sense to me. The research for the singularity requires to start: the research for the singularity. Maybe that's an easteregg, but I don't see how you can reach that in the game normally. ^^

Anyways, all relevant info should be in this tech tree.

The Legend can be found on the right.

All UFOs are at the top.

All Corpses are at the bottom.

All Interrogations are nearly at the bottom.

And the time runs from left to right, meaning on the right you find the highest techs (roughly, Base upgrades didn't fit further left).

The Red Numers in the corner represent the effort value needed to research the item.

Have fun. :)

• Thanks 1

Perhaps it's me being incredibly stupid but I can't figure how to get to MAG weapons - are they better than plasma class? All the game will let me research is the singularity cannon, just in line with the Fury. By the way trying to employ Fury in aerial fight results in no auto resolve option and instant crush upon clicking "engage" - is this a common issue?

Sorry for the slight offtopic.

If you're playing the stable build, MAG research is broken and won't show up.

Somewhat related, does anyone else feel MAG research shows up a little too early? Playing through on normal on the latest experimental build, I actually unlocked Plasma+MAG research at the same time. I can't really reconcile how that happened from the tech tree above

If you happen to find an alien assault plasma first, which doesn't have any influence on Plasma weapons and 2 of the other plasma weapons you just locked plasma weapons and are only 80 or 160 research points away from MAG weapons instead of plasma. So I guess it's very well possible.

In that case it wouldn't make too much sense to put all the research into plasma if you can just take MAG Weapons instead as Plasma does not unlock anything which won't get outdated by MAG anyways.

Hello all!

I play in v.21.

Can you tell me how to research MAG Weapons? I already research next aliens plasma weapons:

pistol

rifle

heavy

battle rifle

precision

canon

assault

But MAG isn't available for research. May be I need research some kind of reactor or somthing else?

• 5 weeks later...

Recently I came across the technology "AlienHyperdrive" which takes 240 points to research and drops off the first carrier you encounter.

But I am wondering what it's for. I did not get any immediate benefit - and there is no technology which seems to require this one.

Does anyone know if there is a point in this technology or if it's just a dead file?

• 2 weeks later...

This number respresents the amount of science points needed to research it.

You never see these numbers in the game. But if you see one research with 120 points and another one with 240 points you can tell that it's taking twice as long. ;)

Thanks for the chart, very useful.

Today I came across one I can't find in it though, alien fusion reactors (not regular reactors, those I researched long ago). Am I just being blind or is it missing? Anyone know what it does?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks alot for the chart!! I've seen other techtrees for Xeno, but none were clearly displayed like your one.

Your 'triggers' are awesome.

Minor glitch: today, on 1.st August 14' I can still see the Laser Rifle in the position which PLASMA rifle should occupy in the tree. No big deal, I know what I am after :)

Thanks alot for the chart!! I've seen other techtrees for Xeno, but none were clearly displayed like your one.

Your 'triggers' are awesome.

Minor glitch: today, on 1.st August 14' I can still see the Laser Rifle in the position which PLASMA rifle should occupy in the tree. No big deal, I know what I am after :)

Haha, nice find! ^^

Fixed, thanks! :)