Completely black map [V22.e8]

I've had this happen on multiple versions so I don't think it's a particular version problem but I could be wrong. I think it's related to a certain tileset because I don't seem to get this problem on the frozen/tundra maps. As you can imagine this makes the game unplayable for me. I've tried verifying cache and completely reinstalling the game. I have no mods installed and have made no changes to the game itself. I'd love some help on this as I'm just about to finish up school for the semester and want to dive back into this game.

screenshot

2014-05-18_00002.jpg

save

[ATTACH]3760[/ATTACH]

2014-05-18_00002.jpg

mapblack.sav

2014-05-18_00002.thumb.jpg.38d78b9944135

mapblack.sav

Can you try validating the files in your install on Steam? It's under the right-click options. You'll have to see if it turns up in future missions when you do that though, as the tiles are saved when each mission starts. It's likely to be to do with the tile atlases if that doesn't fix it.

Shisno - that bug's a bit different, thanks for pointing it out. We'll get that fixed up.

Shisno - no, that one is a problem at our end.

Twigg - that save file loads fine for me in the Steam version of the game (the same one you're using). Have you installed any mods or map packs etc? A clean download might help.

I don't have any mods installed, but I'll reinstall and see if that makes a difference. The fact that you can load the save without any visual issue means its not the save at least, I don't know if that's a good sign or a bad one.

Just reinstalled and tested it. Loading the old save still had the same problem. However I tried a number of new missions and tundra and desert tilesets load with no problem. Once I got to a forest one however the problem returned. I don't see how the files themselves could be corrupted considering I just reinstalled the game, so I am at a loss to explain what the problem is.

Dunno if this is useful to know, but I just tried the save on my computer and it loaded fine, too.

(Just a thought, Twigg, but when you reinstalled did you uninstall the game first and delete any xenonauts folders that were left? You might well have done this, but if not I guess it's possible that the problem is with something that's not been overwritten by the reinstall.)

You beautiful beautiful man, I think you figured it out. I uninstalled the game again and when I checked the steam folder there were some left behind files, including a folder called assets. I deleted everything that remained and reinstalled and so far its looking good. I've tested about a dozen ground missions and there seems to be no issue. I will continue to do some testing but I think that was it.

Thank you Chris for your help debugging and thank you Krabill for that suggestion. Now the only thing standing between me and xenonauts victory is my complete lack of skill playing xenonauts!