V22 Experimental 8 Hotfix Released! [REVERTED]

This is an experimental build - to access it, please read the instructions / warnings in this thread.

This is a small update that just replaces the two .exe files. It shouldn't break save games or anything, it'll just address a few of the bugs in the current build.

FIXES:

- We've made some changes to the Hidden Movement code so it should no longer cover up either Xenonaut reaction fire or aliens using psionics on your soldiers. If you see that this is still happening, please let us know.

- Xenonauts should now detect aliens at the correct distance at night, which should correct the "visible alien" icon and movement interrupt bugs we've been having

- Your fire cursors should now have reappeared.

- There is no longer always Josh Eales.

We're working on a few more fixes / balance updates and will start looking at Release Candidate builds next week, I think.

EDIT - I've reverted this build because it appears to be causing crashes.

This is being discussed in the balance forum, and I've brought it up in the release 8 thread, but I feel like the inclusion of fighters so early combined with the "airliners shot down providing positive funding" bug being fixed is resulting in a lot of unavoidable lost funding early on, and a rather unforgiving early game on the geoscape.

Also, from a thematic point-of-view, it feels a bit odd that fighters are shooting down entire airliners from the second wave onwards, when this is the very start of the invasion and light scouts are still pottering around doing nothing much more dangerous than abducting cattle and fish. Is it possible that fighters could still appear, but not actually start shooting down airliners until later on?

Edited by Troublechuter

Nope, unfortunately the events can only distinguish between sea and land. We're aware of the fighter balance issue and we're considering it at the moment....although thematically I'm not sure shooting down an airliner is particularly difficult, it might just be penalised too strongly fundingwise.

Can confirm that shot down airliners are too strongly penalized, just lost $400,000~ of funding in the first month =( I only had two UFOs in the whole month in my radar range.

Edit: Also, have you seen the post in the bug forums about not being able to switch turrets on vehicles Chris? Its a bit of a pain no being able to chose which turret we want to use.

Edited by UmberSkies

Getting a lot of crashes at the moment in ground combat, seems to happen often whenever an alien or a xenonaut is hit by a fatal shot.

Also having a lot of trouble inside UFOs where aliens can shoot me at angles where I have 0% chance to hit them.

Edited by andreasg

Getting a lot of crashes at the moment in ground combat, seems to happen often whenever an alien or a xenonaut is hit by a fatal shot.

I think I may have a save for this: http://ge.tt/1uXcJHh1/v/0 . Select #1 Comd. Kamila Kolářová and shoot the supressed Sebillian.

Note that the game crashes for me during loading of the save, but it works if save from http://ge.tt/6EDeuGh1/v/0 is loaded first and then this one is loaded immediately. I don't know if it's a game bug, the save is from a game that continues from 22.7 where I at one point modified the save file header to be able to continue on 22.8 (which otherwise has worked fine and even this load crash started somewhen later). As this loading crash is the only problem I've had otherwise, I expect these two crashes are not related.

Also having a lot of trouble inside UFOs where aliens can shoot me at angles where I have 0% chance to hit them.

Do you have a picture of the angles? Some angles intentionally allow one being to shoot while the other cant shoot back, it represents someone leaning around a corner. AKA if either you or an alien are on a corner, you can shoot past it but others cant shoot back.

There are dry brush "forests" in the sahara.

"Forest" does not necessarily have to mean green deciduous trees.

That may be, but I've never seen a forest in any Greenland photos and based on having lived in Alaska I have serious doubts they'd have any trees to speak of brush or otherwise in Greenland.

That may be, but I've never seen a forest in any Greenland photos and based on having lived in Alaska I have serious doubts they'd have any trees to speak of brush or otherwise in Greenland.

That may be, but I think the game has more serious bugs to fix than a made-up forrest in Greenland.

Apparently (so wikipedia tells me) there's a single forest in Greenland. Although, I guess, not for much longer if the aliens have any say about it.

dpelectric: asking the important questions.

I guess I'd also like to add that there are a lot of tiles around UFO's doors (light scouts and scouts specifically) which look like they should be walkable but aren't. It seems as though they can't be shot through either, effectively making them an invisible wall.

I guess I'd also like to add that there are a lot of tiles around UFO's doors (light scouts and scouts specifically) which look like they should be walkable but aren't. It seems as though they can't be shot through either, effectively making them an invisible wall.

I was playing around with this last night on the Scout maps and these tiles are largely in places where the UFO clips over units if they're stood there. This said, there are some places where they could be removed without any apparent problems, although it would mess with the symmetry of the UFO map (if that's important at all).

The game is unplayable atm, both for crashes and for "unpredictable LoF" -issues. I'm constantly guessing whether a spotted enemy can shoot me or not, and moving my guys around doors and windows to find a tile with a clear line of fire. It shouldn't be this hard.

Edited by Skitso