• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm a standard pre-order guy from the kickstarter deal.

I clicked on the link. It said to create a Desura account. I did. I clicked on the link again it said to 'connect' to my game.

It said I don't have a copy of the game on Desura.

So, two questions....how do I get the badge. And there is a record I bought the game, yes?

Thanks for any info.

Did you get a cd key from the email mailed to you after kickstarter? (have you checked your spam folder?)

Have you used that key in desura?

I have not downloaded the game from desura.

So desura only knows you're entitled to a copy of the game if you've downloaded it from them?

What about all the people who don't like and didn't use Desura?

... No you don't need to download it but you need to somehow tell Desura that you have bought it for Desura to think you have bought it. You do this by activating the game in your account with the key.

I don't quite understand how you got the idea that you had to download the game from what I said...

Desura is currently the only mean of distribution for Xenonauts. you can either use the client or the standalone zip direct download. So I'm not really sure who has gotten the game without using desura.

• 2 weeks later...

I've read a little about this topic but I am not quite sure what to do right now. I have my paypal confirmation of pre-order but I do not know how/where/when to use it to confirm my pre-order. Anyone can help please ?

I have pre-ordered the game at this date : 28/07/2011

Edited by Selvhan

I discovered a couple of weeks ago that the only space when my friends and I had a suitable time in our calendars to go off on holiday together for a couple of weeks was at the end of this month, specifically the 22nd September to 7th October. As the last time I took time off was December, I'm going to be in Thailand for those two weeks.

7th October.

Now how do I get the alpha? My desura account isn't linked to this account right?

Unless there was a glitch in the legacy pre-order system, Desura sent you an e-mail with the subject line "You have received a game". Within the e-mail, there's a hyperlink entitled "Xenonauts Preorder" which will redeem your copy of the game.

After that, it's just a matter of downloading the game via the Desura website or their client software.

You will need to PM Chris after he gets back from his vacation I think. I'm pretty sure he needs to sort it out so you can get a key to use in your desura account.

Is that so? Somebody stop me if I'm mistaken, but didn't everyone who pre-ordered through the old website receive a Desura key in the e-mail address affiliated with their PayPal account?

Is that so? Somebody stop me if I'm mistaken, but didn't everyone who pre-ordered through the old website receive a Desura key in the e-mail address affiliated with their PayPal account?

Maybe they did. I think someone else in a similar situation was asked by Chris to PM him to get it sorted. Maybe he had lost his key?

Maybe they did. I think someone else in a similar situation was asked by Chris to PM him to get it sorted. Maybe he had lost his key?

Could be. I'm really not the go-to guy on this particular issue, though, as I helped Chris test the system and received my Desura key (and forum badge) a full day before the rest of the public.

I think I discovered the problem is that my email address. My paypal account had an email address associated with it that was no longer working, but I had updated my paypay contact address, so I got my order from paypal, but desura must be using my old paypal alias. A mess. I guess I have to wait for Chris to get back.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Chris unpinned this topic