• 4 weeks later...

Yes, I followed the instructions from the first post. I created a Desura profile, logged into it, and then downloaded and installed the latest build of the game. Next I logged into my newly created profile on this forum, followed the link from the first post and clicked connect. I got a message from Desura saying that my pertinent info has been shared and forwarded to Goldenhawk. Does the validation process take a few days maybe?

Edited by BuzuBuzu

• 1 month later...

I went through Kickstart and Desura claims I did not buy a copy linked to my account. I sure did buy the 20 pledge paid through Amazon over this weekend, and I have no Silver Badge. What is wrong? Is there two accounts confusing?

You haven't paid for it yet slocket, you need to wait untill the kickstarter ends as Amazon doesn't acctually charges your creditcard untill it's over. This system is in place so that you don't get charged incase the project doesnt reach it's goal. Standard practice for Kickstarter.

When that's been done you will most likely get an email or something with the details.

Sorry if this is a stupid question and has been answered several times already, (or that this is just straight-up the wrong place to ask!) but would I be able to register my future Kickstarter key on both Steam - when Xenonauts is released - and on Desura, for the updates to the demo, etc? Since I've read some conflicting reports, saying to just do one or the other, (can't remember where though, at the moment. Sorry) and some encouraging you to do both/register on Desura now, etc. And well, seeing as I'm a bit of a Steam-junkie, (yes, I admit it!) I'd most likely just get the demo/s via GHI.com, if registering it on Desura meant that I wasn't able to put the game on Steam.

Crap, I did the desura thing instead of the legacy thing and now im stuck with the standard pre-order medal...
I see a premium preorder medal?
Sorry if this is a stupid question and has been answered several times already, (or that this is just straight-up the wrong place to ask!) but would I be able to register my future Kickstarter key on both Steam - when Xenonauts is released - and on Desura, for the updates to the demo, etc? Since I've read some conflicting reports, saying to just do one or the other, (can't remember where though, at the moment. Sorry) and some encouraging you to do both/register on Desura now, etc. And well, seeing as I'm a bit of a Steam-junkie, (yes, I admit it!) I'd most likely just get the demo/s via GHI.com, if registering it on Desura meant that I wasn't able to put the game on Steam.

You will be able to have desura for ALPHA and BETA Access and then when the game is released you get to choose either Steam or Desura for the final version. AFAIK. (there is a slim chance you get to have both at the end so I wouldn't rule it out)

But haveing aplha and beta access on desura up untill it is released is all you were concerned about right?

Edited by Gorlom

• 2 weeks later...

I have a question guys/gals. I've followed this game off and on for a time, but with long stretches of time in between visits, so I generally lurk instead posting on this forum. I also tend to find a bunch of changes lol. That said, I noticed there is a regular and a premium pre-order version of the game. I pre-ordered this (I guess a legacy pre-order?) back in the days when Goldhawk was using PayPal. I paid the $30 at the time since I loved the original X-COM so much and was P.O.'d at 2K's version of the game. In Desura, I only have access to the standard pre-order version that's worth $20. I am wondering if I am supposed to have the premium or standard version of the game. Any answer to this is appreciated and sorry for the somewhat long post. And feel free to kick me in the head if I somehow missed this somewhere due to lack of attention :)

The difference between the two versions has nothing to do with the program so you are not missing out there.

Have a look at the kickstarter as the first two tiers on there should reflect the old standard and premium pre orders.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/69341191/xenonauts

Remember though that the premium items will probably all be available on release rather than during the early stages.

• Chris unpinned this topic