[V22.7HF2 - Geoscape] There is always Josh Eales

Whenever you start a new game, and go hiring new soldiers, there is always Josh Eales.

This is admitedly a somewhat funny bugreport, but since this is a pre-generated soldier, maybe you'd want to check that the handling of this works as intended. Looking at the list of pre-generated soldiers, those names look completely alien to me, and I'm pretty sure I've never encountered e.g. Chris England or Kseniya Kirova in the game, so possibly there's a bug that always selects this one particular soldier instead of randomly.

I think I know. It is possible to have a game without Josh Eales, but only if that game is started after quitting the previous game but not exiting the application. All games created after the game is newly launched seem to have Josh Eales (and Dave Lepley too, but he consistently gets pathetic stats, so who'd notice and hire him). So most probably just the random number generator needs to be initialized properly.

If it were the RNG then there would be some other noticable patterning in the initial squad and hire list generation. I'd say that Josh Eales must have an undercover mole in GH that secretly injects stuff into the game. I'll hire him next time to see if he is secretly favored by any other means by the engine like not consistently shooting at his own feet. :cool:

• 1 month later...