(Mod Update) XNT Into Darkness V3.4 - "RedDragon Version" (Include New Weapons)

Ah, good, good! Dont spoil everything to me! I just need to know that it is working all right!

Yes Exactly!

I want to increase Alien diversity and change main objectives of the game bring ever changing environment of all kind, looking primary objective, looking tech elements, tactics deal with new aliens, hidden research trees, new alien weapons and so on.

The Thunderbolt ins intended to fill a gap and deal with the first heavy armored Sebillians and Androns. This weapon is inspired in Military Special Operations shotgun. This weapons shot single shot slugs, has low fire rate of fire but penetrate and destroy alien armors.

The next package will have 3 new weapons, the first advanced laser the HLP Parango TIR-377 and the advanced sniper ASR BlackFire P-38 and a Tracer Stun Gun. In other hand I plan to add 2x new alien weapons and 3x types of aliens. Im not sure if we will add new armors in the game, but we'll see.

In the original game weapons dont do nothing more than increase damage and accuracy. In XNT Into Darkness Laser are the most accurated weapons but has to handicaps, they deal moderated amount of energy damage and has low ammo capacity due to his energy nature. Plasma weapons are the contrary, high damage but low accuracy.

I'm exploring a interesting option of the game trying to make the Parango Heavy Pistol Capable to bypass walls losing damage amount.

:)

The Thunderbolt ins intended to fill a gap and deal with the first heavy armored Sebillians and Androns. This weapon is inspired in Military Special Operations shotgun. This weapons shot single shot slugs, has low fire rate of fire but penetrate and destroy alien armors.

Single slugs... oh, damn. But pellets shot are so cool! Isn't it possible to make it shot less but more damaging pellets? Like 3 or so? It still could be real life based. Shotgun gauges of the same caliber for the same guns can have more or less pellets (bigger or smaller) for different damage results. More pellets means smaller pellets, so it have a wider spread and potentially a more drastic effect on unprotected target at close range. Less pellets mean bigger pellets, with less spread (so better accuracy) but potentially less damage, but with higher penetration. Some shotguns shells even have darts-like pellets made for better armor penetration. And there are slugs, of course, that can blast almost anything.

The coolest thing about shotguns in this game (or any game) are their multiple projectiles shots. Giving their slug may remove some of the fun of it... So it's possible to mod in Xenonauts the number of pellets a shotgun shots and their damage?

Maybe the balance between the new and the old shotgun in this game may not be exactly their damage, but their application. The vanilla one can be devasting at close range against unarmoured targets, but much less effective against armoured one. The new one can be a little more accurate and reliable, but with less absolute damage butsome armor penetration. Both with pellets. The vanilla one with more wide spread but less damaging pellets devasting at close range and the new one a little more accurate with few but stronger ones capable of dealing some damage against armoured targets.

Edited by Victor_Tadeu

By the way, new Xenonauts experimental build released. I will wait to you to evaluate it to continue to play the game. Probably the mod need some compatibility adaptations.

I'm on it, actually I had review and refix the mod for Hot Fix 9, theey are highly compatible. I'll upload it soon, even with that you can reinstall the XNT ITD pack into V22 exp 9 and play without any problem. Only two files get affected and dont affect playability or crash saves.

Right now IM building a new alien pack remake of Creepers.

Jeesh I just posted on the Creepers mod thread, you sir must be a master in the art of psi! Could you throw us a small teaser on what it will be and how it will work within the current game? Additionally, will it replace any of the current alien races or will simply add a new one to the roster?

Also any chance it will be usable for v21 Stable?

Jeesh I just posted on the Creepers mod thread, you sir must be a master in the art of psi! Could you throw us a small teaser on what it will be and how it will work within the current game? Additionally, will it replace any of the current alien races or will simply add a new one to the roster?

Also any chance it will be usable for v21 Stable?

Hahahaha

Add new ones to the roster. I was after Creepers mod for long time without answer of his developer, I take the files and now after long long work I have some advancement.

You will see, I plan a very insteresting idea.

So literally it puts new content in the game? Awesome, I didn't know that is possible! It only makes me dream of the opportunities for modding after release!

One of my thoughts while playing Alien Base missions was Xenonauts could be a flawless platform for an Alien or AvP mod and boy how would I love something like that!

So literally it puts new content in the game? Awesome, I didn't know that is possible! It only makes me dream of the opportunities for modding after release!

One of my thoughts while playing Alien Base missions was Xenonauts could be a flawless platform for an Alien or AvP mod and boy how would I love something like that!

Yes indeed! It will perfectly suited for. Deal with GC_Units pfp files is a nightmare... Im trying some solutions we will see ;)