New pictures for how much you don't pay your soldiers

MortuusSum

It occurred to me recently that I've been dicking around on these forums for a while but I've never actually contributed anything. So, because I couldn't think of anything to do, I've decided to share with you the rank icons I made for myself.

I can't recall whether the Xenonauts are supposed to be related to the United Nations in any way according to the lore, but given the source of their funding I decided they probably were. Because of this, I wanted to include the UN in their rank icons in some way. I messed around with a few ideas, finally settling on what I have made available here as the least horrible. The colours are UN Blue (#4b92db) and UN Gold (#d69d36), and the icons were heavily inspired by/blatantly plagiarised from the icons used by the Canadian Army (found here). I decided to number them, rather than name them, because presumably at least some of you aren't using the default rank names and this way I'm equally unhelpful to everyone. Anyway, download them from here and put them in your game, then have a sensible chuckle when they remind you how much money your soldiers aren't making.

All-Ranks.jpg

All-Ranks.jpg

All-Ranks.jpg

All-Ranks.jpg

All-Ranks.jpg.b6cdcff2a746a0ef67e5950747

All-Ranks.jpg.0dddebd3a220ff47182cfffa09

Edited by MortuusSum

Looks really nice but since you start with these - don´t know the right word - in rank one and every other rank except in rank six. This one looks a bit out of line.

Edit: Also the globe should be in rank one, as it is unchanged in any other rank. Just my opinion ;)

Edited by Malthus

Oh, the wreath. Yeah, I'm still messing around with that one. Probably have an update sometime later today, mostly just uploaded now for criticism, to see what people thought.

EDIT: That's phrased poorly. What I meant was that I like most of them, but I'm not sure about #6 and don't really know what I want to do with it, so I've uploaded what I've got here to see if anyone has any suggestions/feedback about any of them.

Also the globe should be in rank one, as it is unchanged in any other rank. Just my opinion

Also, thanks for the suggestion, Malthus. I was considering that for a while and decided against it because I wanted the first icon to be as simple as possible, but I'm still kinda on the fence about it. I'll try adding it back in.

Edited by MortuusSum

My suggestion for ranks 6,7,8 would be to make the wreath gold for 7 and the entire insignia gold for 8.

I considered that, I'm just not sure about making the whole thing gold for 8 without changing the colour of the baton and sabre, or maybe removing them entirely.

I dont like them. For Xenonauts are like Space Marines. Have super infantry unit. And should looks dangerous. This is like United Nations Peace Mission Corps To Provide Peace And Love And Rainbow All Over The World. :D No offense but never ever.

I saw that too, and I wasn't sure about what to do to fix it. I had considered a black outline, or making the baton and sabre another colour (red maybe, wasn't sure). I've been messing around with it, but the break between semesters is over now, so I have less time. I'll post new stuff here as soon as it's ready.