V22 Experimental 7 Hotfix 2 Released!

Will you still continue patching xenonauts after release?

For sure they will.

Someone even dug out the old buried 'E.T.' - game cartridges from Atari somewhere in Mexico. I'm sure they finally want to patch it and make it playable to sell it again. That's dedication!

I enjoy Xenonauts but if the choice was to have more content added to it or for a new game to be started I would much prefer seeing the new game.

I'm not saying they shouldn't continue patching bugs or even add in anything that they have almost complete but going down the path of expansions for Xenonauts feels like a waste when half the time the game engine barely works with the core elements :P

...going down the path of expansions for Xenonauts feels like a waste when half the time the game engine barely works with the core elements...
I agree. Bear, in mind though, that a lot of the code will still be useable for another Xenonaut like project. Not every talks to the visual engine in a game.

Literally none of the code would be re-used and more than likely none of the assets from Xenonauts would make it into the next game either. Assets for a 2D game are not necessarily well suited to a 3D game even if the setting etc fitted perfectly.

The accumulated knowledge, on the other hand, will likely come in very useful.

Literally none of the code would be re-used and more than likely none of the assets from Xenonauts would make it into the next game either. Assets for a 2D game are not necessarily well suited to a 3D game even if the setting etc fitted perfectly.

The accumulated knowledge, on the other hand, will likely come in very useful.

Ah ha! He leaves us a clue Watson! It will be 3D and won't be anything related to Xenonauts (we knew that though.)