V22 Experimental 7 Hotfix Released!

This is an experimental build - to access it, please read the instructions / warnings in this thread.

There's a few irritating issues in Experimental 7 which we got fixed up yesterday, so I figured it would be worth putting out a quick hotfix for the game. This shouldn't break save games, it should just make things less likely to crash.

CHANGELOG:

• The 0% hit chance bug near destroyed cover walls is fixed
  • The crash from climbing stairs / using jetpacks has been fixed
  • "Airliner Shot Down" events no longer generate positive funding
  • Hopefully the "teleporting" aliens (in reality just moving without an animation being played to speed up turn processing) should no longer be visible
  • Some minor corrections to the month-end funding screen
  • The fog of war has been made lighter to reflect there's now a lot more of it

Assuming there's no more game breaking / crash bugs found in the ground combat, we'll be working on the psionics next. I've also asked Giovanni to look into the missing fire cursor bug, because I'm fairly sure it's something to do with the tile atlases (it doesn't appear in the dev version).

Nice work

You have covered the items that were getting to me nicely.

I love the persistent LOS. It makes the game feel much more claustrophobic. Which is great. Now woth the funny night time bug, the night missions actually feel more open than the day time ones.

I love the persistent LOS. It makes the game feel much more claustrophobic. Which is great. Now woth the funny night time bug, the night missions actually feel more open than the day time ones.

Yeah, I hope that gets sorted out in the next build.

Ufo hulls don't display anymore (atleast light scouts) it just shows black area and a door.

I've just spent the last hour trying to debug my mod thinking this was something I'd done!

EDIT: Just to reiterate what Skitso said about the new FoW, it's much better. I'd actually not noticed it at all until I read that comment, but I take fact that I didn't notice it as a good thing and I really was noticing it before.

The new targeting mechanics seem to still be fairly buggy. I've had multiple instances where several high chance shots end up hitting cover despite no block chance displaying. And when I say "high chance shots," it's happened with several consecutive 95% shots.

Also, enemies still occasionally move on top of cover and leave me with 0% chance to hit. I heard it mentioned somewhere recently, so but I'm not quite sure if it was others mentioning the problem, you guys thinking you fixed it, or what.

14D34F9AEB8AA4275A847613A787BD318F450E9E

The new targeting mechanics seem to still be fairly buggy. I've had multiple instances where several high chance shots end up hitting cover despite no block chance displaying. And when I say "high chance shots," it's happened with several consecutive 95% shots.

Also, enemies still occasionally move on top of cover and leave me with 0% chance to hit. I heard it mentioned somewhere recently, so but I'm not quite sure if it was others mentioning the problem, you guys thinking you fixed it, or what.

Don't know if anyone's made this point already, but it feels to me that while the displayed line of fire is using the new targeting system, the actual bullet trajectory isn't. I mostly gleaned this from playing before the hotfix, but messing around with stuff last night didn't persuade me that there wasn't still something up.

As for the drone in your picture - I *think* drones can do that (i.e. hover above cover spaces). Might be wrong, though. (And I'm fairly certain it shouldn't be giving you a 0% hit-chance!)

Three things;

1: Civilians are still teleporting while in LOS, even when standing just a few tiles away from my soldiers.

2: Aliens are not opening doors when they walk through them in the fog of war.

3: Ground tiles for the arctic map huts are not displaying

2014-05-06_00001.jpg

Edit: Got a picture of the aliens not opening doors. The alien laying dead in front of my soldier was originally in the fenced off area to his left. When I placed my rifleman where he is now, the alien moved into the building, opening the red door on the side (Note that at this point the alien was in my line of sight). On my turn I angled my rifleman to the door expecting him to open it and walk through, but instead he teleported past the door. Additionally, when he did teleport into my soldiers LOS he triggered reaction fire, but the [Hidden Activity] screen was still displayed.

2014-05-07_00001.jpg

2014-05-06_00001.jpg

2014-05-07_00001.jpg

2014-05-06_00001.thumb.jpg.3c70a6e03607b

2014-05-07_00001.thumb.jpg.dd25226f2afd8

Edited by UmberSkies

My crouched soldiers are routinely getting shot by other soldiers standing and firing directly behind them. Almost never happened before. Not good. I wonder if this could be caused by, as others have reported, bullets (missed shots) hitting "at your feet" (i.e. the square directly in front of you, which might be occupied by a crouching soldier)

Had it happen to me to, Alien Turn, Alien walks from out of sight into the range of one of my Rifleman and triggers a reaction fire, but screen still displays Hidden Movements.

This one isn't new, its been happening to me since the beginning and honestly I figured its so noticeable they just never got around to it, given its annoying but doesn't really impact gameplay.

Looks like I've got my first encounter with a consistently crashing bit of ground combat.

All you'll need to do is load the game and end the turn. It's crashed at this exact point three times now and there have been two other crashes from the initial autosave.

Edit: And while I'm at it, a rather nasty visual bug on a terror mission. Apparently there are train cars present but not displayed. You can just make out the connection between two undisplayed cars.

69DAAAD5400C72B8876CF6751E8286B5ADFCDEBF

B Ash Crashingmap.sav

B Ash Crashingmap.sav

B Ash Crashingmap.sav

Edited by Ashery