All of Our Endless Suggestions

We know that the developers are limited by time and by budget!

We know that we continue to ask for new and expanded features!

We know that the game will close/finish soon!

We just want to help the developers......all the way to expansion packs and to Xenonauts 2! :P:p:p:p:p

There is no real coding involved.

if you can edit numbers in a text file you can make a mod.

If you can create or alter images you can make a mod.

If you can learn to use the mapping tools you can make a mod.

If you can do all of those you can make a bigger mod ;)

If you can't manage all of those, or even one of them, then the modding section has plenty of people willing to help point in the right direction.

It is worth a try to make something you like.

Some of the best mods are also the most simple, like changing how projectiles look or the colour of the armour sets.

There is no real coding involved.

Any chance that's true for the following:

• Adding a GUI button for opening/closing doors

• Making the green pathing thingy change colour for each of the shooting actions, and for tossing grenades.

... There's another Consistent Pain in The Neck countermeasure I'd love to see in the game, but of course I can't remember what it is now.

Nope because those are additions to the current set of features.

I wasn't very clear when I said no coding was involved.

I should have said coding was not essential to make a mod.

You can make mods such as changing weapons or adding new aircraft without coding.

Basically most things that the game loads up in ground combat or displays as a value on the geoscape.

The lore+ mod, real armour, or realistic aircraft mods are good examples of the sort of thing that can be achieved.

What you cannot do without coding is add something to the way the game operates.

You couldn't add a new set of victory objectives to ground missions for example.

Modding has definite limits. To make real changes you need to code. I wish they would have pulled all the formulas out of the game so we could alter those too.

I'd been thinking a few weeks ago about making a list of things which would be cool to have pulled out of the main code and into modable files. I'm not sure, however, that this is something that's likely to be possible, especially with the new bugs that have cropped up recently.