(Mod Release) XNT Into Darkness V3 - "RedStar Version"

TacticalDragon

The problem is, even if you bought it for yourself, this does not mean "you can do what ever you want" with it. Its for your own personal use.

This can get you really in trouble, big big trouble (because you distribute the music to other people).

Search for music under CC BY-NC-SA 2.0 (Creative Commons) on SoundCloud (or other sites).

And you're good.

Thank you selgald for the advice

I get paranoid because is not the first time that I deal with this non-sense stupidity about copyrights. Why don't music makers understand that when more people listen his products they have more audience and sales.

I'll remove the music module from the mod.

The only thing that we modify is the general durability of items, I'll ask Skitso or Kabill if they can make an Item only "damaged". We'r glad you find the proper spaceof each weapon depending on maps.

I've not actually tried this, but I'm 95% confident that it would be possible. I think you'd just need to remove the 'destroyed' state from the relevant spectres.

It meant no harm against you, I just have to deal with this whole licence package by myself because of you tube.

I also think that this licence thing with everything is like Armageddon, but I can tell you its crazy when you get post by a lawyer who wants 5000€ because of a licence violation (even when you have the licence).

Then its very good when you just send them your licence contract xD (I could kill myself when I had to pay so much money :( )

Also I think it's great how much effort is going into "Into Darkness" I really like it :) (Except with V22RC6 where at a new game, the first ship is a medium ship, with psyionic aliens, that kill your whole squad in under 10 turns xD )

It meant no harm against you, I just have to deal with this whole licence package by myself because of you tube.

I also think that this licence thing with everything is like Armageddon, but I can tell you its crazy when you get post by a lawyer who wants 5000€ because of a licence violation (even when you have the licence).

Then its very good when you just send them your licence contract xD (I could kill myself when I had to pay so much money :( )

Also I think it's great how much effort is going into "Into Darkness" I really like it :) (Except with V22RC6 where at a new game, the first ship is a medium ship, with psyionic aliens, that kill your whole squad in under 10 turns xD )

Thank you soo much for the advice, really.

I prefer to request the permissions and don't get troubles.

Yes last experimental update is a total mess... I don't know why they don't test before release files or something.

I'm really glad you like what I'm working here, I do my best (really).

NEWS

IMPORTANT

The last update has change the string structure, please be sure you make proper backup. We'r fixing changes of this mod to the newer version of strings.xml.

In other hand this last Experimental update have lot of bugs that make unplayable the game. I suggest to NOT apply the last update and keep the modded game intact. This game is balanced and suited for V22 experimtal build 5 for better experience.

Thanks

Edited by TacticalDragon

This game in non-play-able now. Experimental 6 is a joke. More bugs, completely changed balance, no early game (even scouts have psionic dudes). Officers are everywhere. Still crazy level of difficulty. Normal is op for me. I started play at easy difficulty. And it was more or less ok but completly unbalanced. I could dominate the air at ease, aliens could do almost nothing, and my planes were recovered.

Meanwhile in ground battles things looks completly diffrent. Aliens are so overpowered, without constant game loading (which i prefer to avoid) sooner or later you will lose almost all experienced soldiers. Without them in late game u can not even capture a single ufo without huge casualties (AT EASY LEVEL!) This is a joke really. I can not win battleship ground mission cause of enemy psionic and other op things. Funny cause at normall level the couldnt use psionic and at easy they are awsome at it - for example they can make half of ur team berserk at the 2nd turn. Same with alien bases. First 2 aliens meet: 2 elite androns with rocket launchers. Ok thx im out.

Why soldiers are not being recovered but planes are? From balance point of view it should be done reversely. Where is balance rly.

New soldiers suck so hard that they can not even wear armor and weapon. Good that someone invented lighweight version of wolf armor but the diffrence is only 3 kg. Nice... what a diffrence...

And those bugs. For example after inventing "base update" tech u can not build half of the buildings. Or that the Jacal armor is stronger now and basic armor is even weaker than before rly where is early game I ask?

In this mod there is also problems with balance. Semitar is like hunter and his maintenance is 4 times lower. In general there is a plenty of bugs.

Edited by radek

Yes your completely right but all that things are caused in the experimental branch especially V22 Hotfix 6... is completely annoying.

Trust me, we do our best but the experimental 6 is a nightmare...

For two days we were working on V3.2 XNT: Into Darkness and steam crash corrupt all our last version files...

We hope to recover the las additions and balance.

Next Changelog will include:

- Fixed Lore+ entries and config

- 2x New weapons (Advanced ballistic)

- New balance calculation.

Thank you and keep in contact

Guyver thanks for comment,

We'r working in new material an rebalancing the mod. Some days ago an error with steam damage one of our drivers and corrupt all current edition copies of the Mod.

We already recover the last edition and soon as possible upload the V3.2

In other hand the New Experimental Build 7 has different accuracy formula and mod needs readjustment....

^^

NEW UPDATES V3.2 NO.08

Hello Everyone!

We have new version prepared of XNT - Into Darkness and we have good news for all!

Aircombat.jpg

DOWNLOAD HERE

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9rbdq5xz31f3h2f/XNT%20Root%203.2%20FULL%20PACK%20%28Music%2C%20Weapons%2C%20Arts%20and%20Lore%2B%29.rar

Here is the changelog of this version:

XNT- INTO DARKNESS V3.2

- 2x Weapons Added (SMG Enforcer and LMG Zephyr)

- 2x Researchs added for Advanced Ballistics.

- All files are fixed, and remastered for LORE+ completly compatible with Experimental version.

- We have free permission of Extreme music for the use of the music tracks.

- AI Rebalancing

- Compatibility with V22 Experimental 7

- Alien Stats rebalanced

- Ballistic Shotgun has been redesigned to deal heavy damage against unarmored enemies.

- Alien Weapon is modified

- New arts included in the game!

ENJOY IT!

NOTE: The V22 exp 7 has a major accuracy bug, the AI wil get confuse sometimes, in V22 exp 5 the mod runs perfectly. Thanks for your attention

Aircombat.jpg

Aircombat.jpg.fc10be7d3935b20cd2d4c8bed0

Edited by TacticalDragon

VIDEO DEMO WATCH ON HD 1080p

[video=youtube_share;sGp6jA84jZU]

Brief:

My poor soldiers try to deal with a troop hoy heavy armored and armed sebillians of medium UFO. The UFO has the special mission to execute terror and blood bath near Arizona.

XNT Special ops team intercept the alien shp and try to take and secure the fallen alien structure.

NEW WEAPON SPECS:

Sub Machinegun Enforce EF-Z701

MP.jpg

Fire Mode: Burst Fire 23AP

Accuracy: 28%

Fire Rate: 4 Bullets

Damage: Pistol Ammo Caliber .45 (20 Nominal damage, 10 Stun Damage)

Armor Penetration: None

Range of effect: Medium

Tactical Notes:

- Suited for urban and short combat environment.

- Can be used with shields.

- Highly effective against low armored units.

- Quick reload system.

- High ammo consumption and Small Clip size

Light Assault Rifle - LMG Zephyr MK-ZP802

M16.jpg

Fire Mode:

Snap Shot 24AP - 44% accuracy

Aimed Shot 60AP - 98% Accuracy

Burst Fire 32AP - 32% Accuracy

Fire Rate: 4 Bullets in burst fire

Damage: Special Rifle Ammo Caliber .45 (33 Nominal damage, 18 Stun Damage)

Armor Penetration: Low

Range of effect: Long and short range

Tactical Notes:

- Most advanced ballistic rifles developed in XNT Facilities

- Versatile and powerfull weapon for all ranges

- Only heavy armored units can stop this special ammo without damage.

- Slow to reaload

- High ammo consumption and high Recoil.

M16.jpg

MP.jpg

M16.jpg.835ba1bb048fce02eb232785a91721e9

MP.jpg.dc2f857418d3e1cc29bad9a061685203.

Edited by TacticalDragon

Is it possible to make a rifle with an underslung grenade launcher, that can activated trough the fire mode, and consumes for a example a frag/stun/smoke/flash grenade from the inventory, but has a longer range as a hand thrown grenade?

Is it possible to make a rifle with an underslung grenade launcher, that can activated trough the fire mode, and consumes for a example a frag/stun/smoke/flash grenade from the inventory, but has a longer range as a hand thrown grenade?

Yeah I think that is possible, require lot of modification of the database but yes. The thing is that is possible that the result is not the best one.

The main problem is that each weapon has only one kind of ammo. In this order of ideas is possible make a granade launcher, but in this case the game has a Rocket launcher already.

Great job. New weapons looks great. Are they replacments for pistol and rifle? Or u have to manufacture them?

Is it difficult to invent them? How far away from laser this thech is?

BTW:

I was watching ur game and was amazed by ur skills. Medium UFO only one soldier dead. Wow, wow, and then KABOOM! Camera man died there probably, cause we have lost transmission :D This game is impossible without save loads. But great skills anyway. GJ!

Great job. New weapons looks great. Are they replacments for pistol and rifle? Or u have to manufacture them?

Is it difficult to invent them? How far away from laser this thech is?

BTW:

I was watching ur game and was amazed by ur skills. Medium UFO only one soldier dead. Wow, wow, and then KABOOM! Camera man died there probably, cause we have lost transmission :D This game is impossible without save loads. But great skills anyway. GJ!

Hahahahaha! Thanks for your comments.

Yes the camera men die :/

Its a quiet weird bug that happen with C4 explosives in the soldiers inventory and alien grenades. I dont know Why high suppression damage can cause inminent explosives on cars and C4.

About the advanced ballistics, this weapons is almost easy to research, only need pistol or rifle. The availablity is optional and unlimited, dont replace the standard rifle cuz it has different dinamic.

I'm glad you like it ^^

The point where I have the Sub Machinegun Enforce EF-Z701 available, most aliens resist it ^^

Ok here is the question!

Let me give you a little walkthrough about it

In XNT- IntoDarkness each "Alien Class Analysis" and "Race Analysis" gives little bonus of damage, this damage has great benefits to weapons that deals multiple bullets in this case Enforcer SMG. When you know very well a Race SMG is more effective.

In other hand SMG is very effective in 2 things, dealing with no armored units (Sebillian's Skin is hard enough to stop ENfocer SMG bullets). The thing is.... that is part of the mechanic, YES, deal no damage. Why? Because when you hit an enemy that resist all the damage your destroying his armor, maybe against Androns Enforcer has little effect but can destroy completely the Andron armor.

When the Alien damage bonus granted by "Race" or "Class" analysis your soldier know a lot about the race to deal damage an the right spot, then the SMG Enfocer has more effect.

;)

SPOILER ALERT

Machinegun HMG Korhang KR-R331

HMG.jpg

Fire Mode: Burst Fire 30AP

Accuracy: 30%

Fire Rate: 7 Bullets

Damage: Pistol Ammo Caliber .48 (29 Nominal damage, 10 Stun Damage)

Armor Penetration: Low

Range of effect: Medium

Tactical Notes:

- Suited for heavy suppression and cover destruction

- His powerful firepower can overcome grouped enemies

- High Recoil and Weight limit the use of the weapon to restricted situation and trained soldiers.

- Slow Reload.

In the next build

HMG.jpg

HMG.jpg.9aea15ce7819425992b7d165921e5524