Have any decisions been made about psionic power nerfs and vehicle buffs?

Not a word. I think they are trying to find the bug that lets aliens use psionics all the way across the map even though they are supposed to be limited to LOS.

I'll bet a kidney it has something to do with aliens automatically knowing the location of the closest xenonaut, or something similar. Chris already stated the aliens know too much about where xenonaut troops are, but didn't state to what extent or under what circumstances. He did say that it is not connected to the psionics issue, which is even worse because that means there are two bugs...

They definatly can't release it in its current state. Well they can but that would be awful :/

I'm not even entirely sure how the psi powers are suppost to work anymore.

If they find the bug and quash it quickly, they might be on schedule.

IMO the game needs at least another 3 months of work before release. There are still a lot of bugs, and some systems like alien morale haven't even been implemented yet. Lategame balance hasn't been looked at yet either. I realize this may not be realistic expectation, but still... trying to release by may 30th seems a bit premature. They don't even have a trailer and have not started marketing yet.

Edited by legit1337

Beside the broken psi-powers and some questionable AI scripts is the late game fine imo. Could be better but that applies to everything ever made.

Anyway you're right, there are still many bugs to fix and some features to add or cut. A release in about a month seems very unrealistic if they really want to polish the game.

Edited by Larus

Just engaged my 1st massive UFO (on EASY!)... well my best team (1 of 3 of them, 101 Tus, most over 95 acc and str) just killed themselves cause of alien control :P no way ill play this again (not playing ironman, keepin saves for safety, but not to reload)... id like to see random lvling stats, not running around @1st turn just to get my TUs up, nor checking each mission to overload them to get str... basically at start u should just pick ones with highest bravery and train them up with everything else... but after 200's UFOs and over 150 missions... looking now for new soldiers... i guess i quit. Have fun, its not the increased difficulty - it just make shit out of what uve achieved so far. It can be good remake of x-com, but add some mind control protection... kinda weird as i havnt lost a soldier since beginning (too lucky anyway), now loosing 8 in 1 mission... just inside UFO cause they take their move on their (alien) own :P

I do need to point out that I started this thread before it was "discovered" that the AI seems to be able to use psionics anywhere on map which is a bug according to Chris. When that is solved, this thread will be more meaningful. Although, vehicle buffs are certainly still a good topic even now.

Especially now, they are the only thing you can take that are immune to psionics :P
True enough. I've actually managed to get a vehicle all the way to a base control room twice. Now if they only had a enough ammo to still be useful by then... Edited by StellarRat

The MAG-Railgun on a hovertank can be quite devastating, but it's close to impossible to clear any larger UFO with.

So far, as soon as psionics come into play, it's wiser to savescum to keep the fun in the game. As soon as you have to savescum something is definite broken.

Another research after the first psionic alien has been captured alive to test 'psionic blocking equipment' may be useful. Make it expensive but lightweight. Not immune to psionics of course, but a bit more 'resistable'.