Shoot line issue

I think the bigger problem is that I'm pretty sure that you'd still have a blocking condition if the Seb was 2 squares lower. Currently, it is 3 squares above horizontal, I haven't checked 100%, but I've noticed that the LOS seems to pass through that adjacent square any time the target is above that line.

Another problem:

Roofs don't provide cover, at least on the desert landingship map. I've got a sniper on the roof being hit with rounds clipping through the scenery pretty flagrantly. Unless these buildings are for little people, my sniper should be getting hit while crouched at 3 squares from the edge, unless he moonlights as the center for the Knicks.

Muskrat crouched soldier doesn't affect shoot anymore. Anyway look at the orange square - it tell what is block the shoot

I'm pretty sure it's only if you are adjacent to the crouched soldier, which the shooter in the image is not.

Edited by Muskrat

On my picture standing soldier above blocked the shoot not the croutched one

The small line show's the tile pattern the projectile takes. If you mark this pattern out on the map, you see the projectile clearly intrudes in the crouched soldier's space, and doesn't touch the standing soldier.

At least that's what it looks like to me. Do you have this as a save? Can you post an image where you moved the crouched soldier out of the way? I'll play with this myself this evening.

xeno shot.jpg

Maybe it'd be better if the shot line just put a small block in each tile the projectile passes through, instead of the continuous line approach. It would make it more clear where you're shooting.

xeno shot.jpg

577e7cdb7a328_xenoshot.jpg.12c2fd05c747e

Edited by Muskrat

I'm fairly certain that the line drawn by the game isn't just a UI thing but actually how the game calculates shooting trajectory. So, in fact, if the line shows that it is clipping a tile slightly, it is actually clipping the tile and the shot must pass through that tile in order to hit.

As such, the standing soldier is definately blocking the shot. If there was any doubt, the orange square at the bottom of the soldier's tile is indicating that there's an obstacle.