Alien alloys - why so small amount from UFOs?

I think Alien Alloys is very importand at the beginning if we want manufacture laser weapons. I noticed that amount AA from UFOs is really small :/ For example 7x from Corvette when Scatter Laser cost is x9! To fully equip squad with lasers we need to pass at least 6-7 ground missions.

I personally always found the low amount of recources a good thing. 6-7 Ground missions don't appear to be all that much to be honest. That is assuming that I shoot down any ship I can and visit as many crash sides as I can even when they are all around the world.

I played so far 2 times to the very lategame since the last stable release and it never felt like there are too few recources. Sure money, alenium and alloys are not to be wasted until you eventually don't have anything left other than more interceptors (I had like 12-16 marauders in the end :D). But I always start my second workshop in the first month and even have to add 2 more in the 3rd month to keep up with the production, the limited recource is at that point mostly money.

But that all just my personal point of view :)

Less Airstrike, more GC (I am presuming you are using airsrtikes) and no problem with AA.
Chris stated at one point that he wanted players to be able to complete the game with about 40 ground missions. I actually see no way to do that given the amount of alloys you need to build aircraft and other things, but maybe I'm crazy.