V22 Experimental Build 3 Released!

Why would they - they aren't OP.

The point could be argued that suppressing four units with one grenade is OP and can make breaches very easy to do.

I know, so? You throw in such position that the chance will be very little.

For a test, just had smoke grenade thrown, alien walked through it, had a pistol guy reaction shoot hit him from a distance. Relying on smoke grenades seems like a tactical liability now. I don't use them now, even though they are part of the kit.

What, no justification for the "Come on before you shoot" comment? or are you pretending you didn't say it.

What, no justification for the "Come on before you shoot" comment? or are you pretending you didn't say it.

I don't mean to restart an argument or cause problems, but you did say:

Let's use our remaining TU's to move a little further away from the enemy and turn our backs to them?

I think he interpreted your phrase "remaining TUs" to mean that you had already shot, using most of your TU.

Again, please don't interpret my post to be confrontational or accusatory in any way, I just wanted to clear up what I saw as a misunderstanding that was causing conflict.

MortuuSum, this was the comment

And finally if you don't have enough TU how can you advance to better position? Come on before you shoot you should calculte how many TUs I will have after it and will I make it back. Not hey I shot I missed and now I am screwed.

Without asking or finding out, he decides how I am playing the game, then lectures me on how I am playing it wrong. As I see it, this shows arrogance and condescending behaviour.

In the OG I would be very cautious entering buildings and moving around, saving reaction fire in case an alien comes into line of sight. A lot of times in the OG, retreat could get you killed, and I would only use it if I had near maximum TU so that I could hide behind a corner, otherwise it might be better to crouch and reserve TU in case the alien came closer.

MortuuSum, if he had said that he had assumed that I was talking about shooting and was mistaken, that would be one thing, but the fact that he said nothing seems to suggest that he was just creating a 'strawman' argument. By the way, don't worry as you are not being confrontational or accusatory.

A question. Since I moved up to playing Veteran (and Ironman, gulp) the damage and regen stats don't show up on the aliens anymore. That's fine, I understand that makes it tougher/more realistic, but I'm wondering (since I can't see it any more) are the sebbies still regenerating at 50% on v22.3?

I recall seeing a number appear above the head of one of the Seb's turn the alien turn on a breach battle, so I would presume that regen is still on.

Hmm. I'm fighting sebs at this very moment, and no stats appear.

I'm wondering because, I believe it was for v22.2, the sebs' regen was being jacked way up to 50%. I suspect it's still this high, judging by the way they're still standing the next turn unless I really concentrate a lot of firepower on them

Hmm. I'm fighting sebs at this very moment, and no stats appear.

I'm wondering because, I believe it was for v22.2, the sebs' regen was being jacked way up to 50%. I suspect it's still this high, judging by the way they're still standing the next turn unless I really concentrate a lot of firepower on them

You could check in config.xml (the variable its about half-way down around some other healing-related variables). But I'd suspect that, unless it's said to have changed somewhere, it's probably the same.

I'm getting a lot more crashes in ground missions than I used to. I can't figure out what's causing it though, it always seems to happen when an alien is taking its move, so it could be related to reaction fire.

I had it happen twice consistently, and I was about to get a save to upload to demonstrate it in action, but then I re-did the turn again and it didn't happen this time. The only thing that happened differently was that I hit and killed a drone that had previously survived, so it could also be related to drones. The crash happened when an Andron guard was moving, however.

Edited by Troublechuter

Why is the shield bigger now

Technically, all of the soldiers were able to carry shields around in their backpacks, and that made it too good an exploit.

At present, it is an aid to acting tactically, not a substitute for tactics.

Because the GH doesn't want you to carry 2 shields per soldier. Balance and stuff.

I agree.

Maybe, but only maybe, someone might be able to convince GHI to implement a small storage box in every drop ship. Where you can put in a bit of extra equipment, like a RPG-launcher + backup shields.

Similar to all the stuff in X-Com lying around in the dropship.

I've got a strange feeling that Wolf Armour or Armour at all got some nerf.

The light drone does superficial damage to unarmored person like 4-5 damage, so in theory what I should see in Wolf Armour is plenty of resistance right ? But all I see is the same amount of damage done. In V20 I quite felt a little more secure in wolf, but sometimes I see a devastating hits from plasma pistol.

Is that 65 in statistics a damage reduction or damage stopping % ?

The light blaster does a base damage of 5pts per hit, but it has an armour mitigation of 70(?!), which means that 70pts of armour are deducted before armour is deducted from the calculated damage (base damage+random %+range dropoff). The only armour that light blasters don't penetrate is predator armour, who has a whole 10pts of armour to absorb damage after armour penetration is worked out.

It would still suppress. What is the point of having armour if it doesn't protect you? And would it be useless. I am building Wolf Armour around end of november when drones are introduced, still in december I don't have full complement of wolf armour and killed dozens of those buggers.

The description in Xenopedia says that it does little damage to unarmored civilian, so one would guess that armour should negate the damage but not the suppression. Otherwise it should be written - despite low damage only a tank can withstand any damage.

It would still suppress.

Not necessarily. Armour is subtracted from suppression damage, so high-level armours would render you mostly/entirely immune to the suppression damage. (This is another reason for their high armour mitigation, as the effectiveness of armour vs. suppression is also modified downwards by armour mitigation. Basically, as they are at the moment, the light drone can suppress pretty-much anything in one burst because of it's high armour mitigation).