V22 Experimental Build 3 Released!

Plus the fact that we're not exactly talking cutting-edge modern times there. We're talking about the worldwide event that was about to inspire Ridley Scott to direct a famous movie, so I'm not surprised if assault shields designed to stop plasma fire would be some hefty cast iron.

so I'm not surprised if assault shields designed to stop plasma fire would be some hefty cast iron.

Perhaps they sifted through the crater at the site of "The Iceland Incident" for the vapourised hull of the battleship and have used the droplets as part of the construction, with normal alloy used as a bonding agent.

Any kind of fold-able shield would sacrifice its own structural integrity somewhat, making it less resistant to damage. Its mentioned in the description of the assault shield that the scientists actually asked the Xenonauts if they wanted a lighter, more mobile shield or one of the same size/weight that offers more protection. Perhaps unsurprisingly they all went for option B.

Got a CTD during extesnive xenonauts reaction fire. about 2 or 3 rifle men reaction fired then the LMG guy reaction fired and the game crashed. so not sure if it was a crash due to alot of reaction fires on my side or just the LMG reaction fire in general. havent repeated it yet.

It would be nice if you gave us some cheats. Mostly because most of the bugs and stuff that I encounter is always near the end of the game (Battleship and such).

Yeah seriously its hard to reach the endgame to test it properly--tempted to do it on easy repeatedly so i can get there faster.

Historically russia was experimenting with titanium armor in the early 70s and they had already built fairly modern laminate armor on the T64 which allowed it to shrug off kinetic rounds and withstand most of the missiles back then. You need to remember that we are currently in a technological dark age compared to the 50-80s where we invented most of our technology after WW2 then degraded due to the cost of war.

Literally any advanced material besides carbon fibers was invented during the cold war haha so they have all of the modern materials and thats just the sad truth of the world.

Each crewmember has a % chance to be killed in the crash. It's possible for the entire crew to be killed if the aliens have a particularly bad day with their random rolls.

Alright, I'm happy with this answer. I would ask that you consider the following however:

1. If I remember correctly, this was also possible in Terror from the Deep, and if it happened you'd get a popup at mission start saying something like "All extraterrestrials in crash site deceased, initiating recovery process" rather than letting you take your turn first. Could we maybe have something like this?

2. If I kill 0 of 0 aliens in a crash site, it shouldn't count as a "terrible" performance, as with surviving civilians.

Minor gripes I know, but hopefully we're approaching the point where there are only minor gripes remaining.

Changing shields in the middle of a fire-fight did provide too much of an exploit. You can still carry plenty of shields to a location on the dropship and extras can still be brought up to the ship for the breaching, you just have to spend time going back and forth.

That doesn't help in the situations the shields are supposed to be useful i.e. advancing between cover in dangerous situations.

Removing tactical options from the game because they are not quite balanced should be a last resort.

If you removed everything that had balance issues or could be exploited in some way then you might as well delete everything.

You have smoke grenades to cover your path

That should work well against Sebellians that can see right through them, especially as the smoke effect is reduced as well.

MG's to suppress, or flashbangs

Supress against Androns?

you can also retreat.

Let's use our remaining TU's to move a little further away from the enemy and turn our backs to them?

@Skybirduk - really you point only 1 item that is countered by 1 enemy.

So if smoke doesn't work for Sebillians - use suppresion.

Suppresion doesn't work for androns - use smoke.

And finally if you don't have enough TU how can you advance to better position? Come on before you shoot you should calculte how many TUs I will have after it and will I make it back. Not hey I shot I missed and now I am screwed.

So if smoke doesn't work for Sebillians - use suppresion.

So, how long is it before the flash bang Grenades get weakened?

Suppresion doesn't work for androns - use smoke.

Did you actually bother to read the "especially as the smoke effect is reduced as well."? Smoke is no longer stopping fire, just reduces the chances a bit.

Come on before you shoot

Why has shooting come into it? Where in the post did it mention that I am shooting?

Yes, but I see that some here think that shields are THE only option to save their bacon.

So, how long is it before the flash bang Grenades get weakened?

Why would they - they aren't OP.

Smoke is no longer stopping fire, just reduces the chances a bit.

I know, so? You throw in such position that the chance will be very little.