V22 Experimental Build 3 Released!

Firstly, if you do not know how to access the experimental branch on Steam, please read the instructions (and warnings!) in this thread.

This update contains changes that required a new saved game version, and as such are incompatible with saved games from all previous releases, including experimental releases!

As the last release had a few annoying crashes in it we decided to put out this new build as soon as we could to address them. There are still a reasonable number of other fixes and additions though, as you can see below.

Fixes:

- Fixed a crash that could occur when using stun batons/medkits/melee weapons after dropping an item or moving it in your inventory

- Fixed an occasional crash when autoresolving airsuperiority missions

- Fixed some alien UFO datacore #### strings

- Andron Guards no longer "vault" walls (which they had no animation for)

- Disabled mouse wheel scrolling on soldierEquipView while dragging an item

- Fixing stats increase on rank increase, soldiers no longer wounded sometimes when receiving a resilience progress

- Fixed some sprite issues in the Xenonaut command centre

- Fixed Xenonaut base doors closing if damaged while open

- Terror dialog no longer appearing when loading a game with an active terror site

- Fix for geoscape music not playing if a GC was loaded immediately after opening game

- Fixed QuantumLaboratory and NanotechWorkshop not showing up after Base Upgrade was researched

- Hopefully fixed some issues around buildings with sloped roofs where you could not see to central part of the roof

Additions:

- Added crushable grass to several Farm submaps

- Region relation feedback (e.g. "Poor" / "Average" / "Good") are now relative to their starting value, so that at the beginning of game all continents have Average relations

- Iron man mode is now off by default for all game difficulties and no longer forced on for insane difficulty

- Autoresolve dialog now offers option to close or return to base depending on battle outcome

- Added shot count to the aim cursor when in burst shot mode

- Single shot mode now is default for all weapons

Balance:

- Made Alien Officers and Leaders much more resistant to stun gas

- Combat shields and Assault shields are now too large to fit into a backpack

If you encounter any bugs please post them in the bugs forum, and make sure you mark them as being from the experimental build!

Balance comments can be made in the following threads:

Ground Combat http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/showthread.php/9548-Ground-Combat-Balance-V22-Experimental-3?p=105316

Geoscape: http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/showthread.php/9547-Geoscape-Balance-V22-Experimental-3?p=105315

I've just released a stealth update to fix the starting item bug, and deleted the posts about it to keep this thread clear.

We're likely to release another build on Friday if we can, but there's been so many crashes in V22 Ex 2 that we felt we had to release what we had as a lot of the bugs are likely to have common causes...problem is, we don't know which ones they are yet.

I've updated the Work List threads. Please can you re-report any bugs that you've reported from V21 Stable that have not been fixed and have not been put on our Work List?

Silencer - the day / night masks haven't changed for years. The flashbang / frag grenade change wasn't intentional if that's changed too, although I'm not necessarily sure it's a problem.

Caaygun - you playing on Veteran? If this is Normal difficulty, the numbers should display properly and if not it's a bug.

1. I'm pretty sure it was different in v22b2 as I've noticed there that some portions of Alaska couldn't be done in daylight. But I've might be seeing stuff.

2. No problem - just asking.

Edit: No I'm not seeing stuff

v22b2

34pnon7.jpg

v22b3

etd5jl.jpg

The curve is different.

Edited by silencer

- Combat shields and Assault shields are now too large to fit into a backpack

Well, they are too large also to fit... on the ground! :eek:

The shield is 6 squares in height, while the ground is 5 squares. I guess that a shield must anyway fit on the ground. Should I report it as a bug? :D

Edited by SpikeOnUr6

Hey!

I'm really glad I didn't have any CTD with that new build, however... Does anyone else have the problem of only finding caesans? I've built the quantum cryptology center and even ships that should carry androns or sebillians are full of caesans...

I invaded a base supposedly held by sebillians and once more found caesans...

Basically, I built a marauder and never had the opportunity of researching stun weapons.

Hey!

I'm really glad I didn't have any CTD with that new build, however... Does anyone else have the problem of only finding caesans? I've built the quantum cryptology center and even ships that should carry androns or sebillians are full of caesans...

I invaded a base supposedly held by sebillians and once more found caesans...

Basically, I built a marauder and never had the opportunity of researching stun weapons.

You might be right (7 UFOs downed all Caesans) - also I might be dreaming too, but on Veteran and Insane I had like only 3 enemies in all scouts / light scouts when previously I had on veteran 4-5 ?

For LS it was 1 roaming, 3 camping and for Scout it was mostly 2 roaming - 3 camping.

There are at least no Medikit CTDs.

Edited by silencer

You might be right (7 UFOs downed all Caesans) - also I might be dreaming too, but on Veteran and Insane I had like only 3 enemies in all scouts / light scouts when previously I had on veteran 4-5 ?

For LS it was 1 roaming, 3 camping and for Scout it was mostly 2 roaming - 3 camping.

There are at least no Medikit CTDs.

Hey, I'm new to the forum and not sure if this is more appropriate for this post or the Bugs section. I've run into the same problem with both my games from V22.3: All UFOs regardless of size have 1 Caesan wandering around outside and 2 inside. I've played a couple of months in both but haven't seen any other alien races. Other than that it's been a great game!