LOS concerns (aka Did Metaviran flora invade the mainland?)

I'm not sure if this is a bug or a balance issue, but I've noticed that on a lot of maps, you can't trust intuitive lines of sight. I've got a slowly growing collection of screenshots where a random tree or bush is 100% blocking a shot despite the line been my soldier and the target being clear. On top of that, most larger graphical items seem indestructible (or at least capable of soaking up a full MG burst). Is this a concern, or is there a way add an option to show which squares have LoS on a target square when you mouse over it? It also seems a bit asymmetric, I've had aliens shoot diagonally through windows, but I'll be damned if I can find the magic square that allows that shot on the first try.

The MG won't destroy much, I guess this is pretty realistic as it would punch through and leave it pretty holey but not actually "remove" the item. Later tier weapons will destroy stuff totally though.

It is kind of a mechanic to aid gameplay more than anything. Reality tends to make for a bad game.

The original xcom did have half squares, like the sides of UFOs that allowed bullets to travel from one unblocked side to the other, while not blocking LOS to troops at the end of the diagonal.

Hey, if the devs are cool with it as it is, that's fine, I'm an experienced gamer, I can learn that appearance and game logic diverge at time. Oh, you'll get slaughtered in the reviews, especially if a reviewer stumbles across something like the attached image, reviewers love crap like that, but I guess the game has already been funded and all that.

LoSWackiness.jpg

LoSWackiness.jpg

LoSWackiness.jpg.cffb8a67b38c85a47876a13