Just Pre-Ordered. You guys are on your way to nailing it.

Huge X-COM fan here. Glad to see this project in the works and I have to say the graphics are impressive. I love the cold war style of graphics, it is something fresh and original. Look forward to seeing the final product!

I am finding the graphics give me that ufo feeling that we all love and remember. Only 2 things I have seen that don't seem quite right and they are...

The shots don't seem to fly at the right angles.

The aliens look to much like hoodies wearing tracksuit bottoms. :) Saying that, maybe aliens really do look like hoodies wearing tracksuit bottoms.

Hmm, the lowest grade aliens looking like hooligans...interesting social commentary there.

Haha, that made me giggle :D

Anyway, you guys really do seem to be doing a great job! I actually had a 'wow' moment yesterday when i decided to shoot one of those fuel/oil tanks and it set off a nice chain reaction. The explosion and especially the fire afterwards look amazing! Also, on the origional X-com the smoke after an explosion didn't phase me as you could still see everything, but on here the fact that i could see nothing through the thick black (not to mention toxic looking) smoke really made me think twice about sending my guys through it until it cleared up a bit! I think that adds great effect to the game. Good job!

Hmm, the lowest grade aliens looking like hooligans...interesting social commentary there.

I always suspected that meditating on the Caesans' chavvy tracksuits would reveal the grand design behind Xenonauts. My intuition proved to be correct.

So, I take it that the space shed is in fact a thinly veiled reference to council housing?

Edited to add: I mean no disrespect to the artists involved. I'm fond of the art style, and some of my best friends are chavs!

Edited by iamkyon
Leave no edit unedited.

Even in the next map it'll be the same map, just with a few randomised sub-maps to make it a bit more varied (but the overall layout will be the same).

We're working on a lot more tilesets at the moment but they're not ready yet. They're the most time consuming part of the development process tbh.

Well, I have played trough a few missions and find that even though the game is still rough around the edges the game play feels great. I predict that Xenonauts is going to be one hot, hot game. Money well spent.

I just hope that this one, some day, actually gets finished. :D