V22 Experimental Build 2 Released!

Hello everyone

Finally after exausting explorstion and research, we find a apparent solution for this kind of problem.

CDT Causes:

Some programs 32bits based, like this one, work with a plataform called Microsoft C++ Redist 2005 (x86). Some versions of windows, specially Windows 8 running in a 64bits enviroment need to access 32bits resourses. Sometimes the OS dont have the resourses or identify that kind of access as a memory overflow caused by malwares.

How to repair it

1. Go to system properties, look for advanced settings, click the tab Advanced settings and enter Performance settings. You will find something called DEP, add xenonauts to "Exceptions" of DEP system.

2. Search Microsoft C++ Redistributable (x86) and install the pack.

3. Run the program as administrator.

We run a long play for 6 hours without CDTs in V22eb2 and modded versions of the same build. We have some corrupted saves and we can pass throught CDT crashes that some Saves provided by users of this community successfully.

We hope that this can help other people running this game without any other problem.

If you want to see more content of our developement go to Modding Section of the forum and look for XNTs - Into Darkness V2.0.

Good luck!

I worry that late game might not be getting enough iterations. It might be best to only make non-save breaking build releases after a certain "not too late" time before target release date.

Just a suggestion.

It is quite playable as it is now, not all the smallest bugs need fixing every build. Later aspects of the game are being played less that we lose saves more or less every week. Not that it annoys me, I personally find early game more fun, but you know, late game test-coverage might start becoming an issue dev-wise as release target comes closer.

This makes totally sense.

Actually i'm a bit worried about the fact that almost every major patch breaks backward compatibility. I hope that it's just because at this stage of development it's still not worth the effort to keep the savegame compatibility, and not because of some serious problem with the system.