V22 Experimental 1 Hotfix Released! [Reverted]

EDIT - I've reverted this build, as separating the hotfix changes from the others doesn't seem to have worked. All these changes will now be included in V22 Experimental 2 instead.

This is an update for V22 Experimental 1, which was released on our Steam Experimental branch on Friday last week. It contains fixes for a number of crashes, one new feature and some alteration to the way psionic powers work. It should not break save games.

There will be a full build released on Friday this week (Desura and Humble Store are getting V21 Stable this evening); this update only contains a small number of the fixes we've made recently. I'm hoping this won't cause any unusual behaviour but it's always possible it will...if you're experiencing any major issues, please report them here and I'll roll back the patch if necessary.

Changelog:

- Crash with save games that contain a mind-controlled unit should now be fixed.

- Aliens / Xenonauts no longer regenerate health unless they actually possess the Regeneration ability.

- Jetpack units should no longer vanish if you change camera view level when they are in motion.

- The "items have arrived" pop-up now tells you what items have arrived.

- Alien psionic powers are no longer all squad-sight. Berserk is LOS-only, Mind Control is squad-sight but now has a limited range, but Fear and Paralyse now have unlimited range.

- Berserk psionic power now takes effect at the start of the next turn, so your soldier will berserk even if he has no TU when the power is used on him in the alien turn.

- MAG weapons should now unlock properly.

- Ground Combat music should now randomise correctly, as previously it would always play one track.

- Androns and Praetors can no longer crouch.

- Manufacturing objects no longer causes the materials / money to be drained twice in some circumstances.

- Sighting multi-tile objects now reveals the ground tiles below them too.

Enjoy. Remember, the full update / balance changes are coming on Friday, this is just an attempt to address the playability and stability issues with the current version.

I haven't played a build of this game for probably 6 months. It's looking/playing really well now. I welcome the changes to PSI powers because they seem really overpowering. I just lost a game attacking an alien base, and lost over 1/2 my squad to mind control soldier kills another soldier. This was on normal/ironman. Aliens on normal seems to miss a lot, but then the PSI powers are overbearing.

I've seen a bunch of small bugs that look like they are being fixed, so I won't mention anything here. 1 minor one I've noticed is the door animation on Carriers after the door is destroyed by a tank or some explosion..........the door animation comes down but you can drive/walk/shoot through the door. I think it's supposed to show destroyed or something else.

The only other real issue I've seen is the fact that it seems that the missiles/laser/plasma batteries are still useless. Right after I lost my squad a carrier assaulted and wiped out my main base. 3 Plasma batteries fired and 2 hit.........causing 80% damage or so.......but I still get around 28 aliens assaulting my base. In fact, I must have had about 5-6 alien assaults on my base, and the defenses never seem to do anything. Always 1 miss, 1 hit.........80% or so and full alien squad attacks the base. Maybe i'm wrong, but they still seem useless.

Anyway, congratulations! This game is definetly looking good. It's in much better shape than most games that actually ship out the door these days.

Sorry, but this is one of the worst updates as far as stability goes I've played in a long time. Have had virtually crash free games for about six months now. But after playing the first ground combat I had two crashes one was when I was healing someone with first ad

and the other when I threw a smoke grenade in front of the alien ship. Whatever was fixed seems to have broke the game in a far worse way.

Seems my attempts to seperate out the hotfix from the rest of the changes has failed, then. Those bugs aren't in the developer version.

I'm going to revert the hotfix; those fixes will all be in the new build on Friday and they should work fine then.