Your Starting base?

I also pick the middle east for the same reason. I usually like the base to be at the intersection of multiple countries.

I always name it "XCOM" and use the default names for all other bases. I make sure I have at least four hangars, a second radar station, another laboratory and a med bay.... then lock and load.

Just curious where do people pick to start their first base at? I usually go with the Middle east just because it seems like the best to cover the most area. But I hate desert maps (not sure why just always have). Where do you like to start?

Near Tel-Aviv, Israel - seems the most appropriate place in Middle-East to me.

Crete. IT lets you Cover Europe, Middle East, North Africa, and a chunk of the Soviet Union right off the bat. Then I put another base in Cuba and the Philippines and I've got the whole world covered with those three. Sometimes I put a research base in Iceland as well, because it amuses me.

Crete. IT lets you Cover Europe, Middle East, North Africa, and a chunk of the Soviet Union right off the bat. Then I put another base in Cuba and the Philippines and I've got the whole world covered with those three. Sometimes I put a research base in Iceland as well, because it amuses me.

Yep I go there too. The random European Island chains give you good coverage. The second base goes to the US

Yeah, there's really no other choice. Somewhere around Greece / Hungary / The Middle East gives you coverage of all of Europe, North Africa, the Middle East and a big chunk of the Soviet Union. Second base goes in either Central America or southern China and can eventually cover the rest of the Soviet Union, all of Indochina and most of Australasia.

1- West India

2- Mexico

3- Philippines

These cover every single one of the world cities under foxtrot range which I find to be critical if I get unlucky enough to get a random aerial terror site in a remote city in month 3. I aim to get 2 foxtrots and 1-2 condor in each by end of month 3. Then living quarters and defenses are required in the small bases when landing ships appear.

This is my base configuration - it's fairly similar to what everyone else has been posting:

7ATVu1p.jpg

The ranges on the image are with 2 radars in each base + the base upgrade based on alien tech. I build the bases in this order:

1. Sudan

2. Nicaragua

3. Philippines

7ATVu1p.jpg

7ATVu1p.thumb.jpg.d409b09a422ba9e615209c

Edited by Minttunator