Xenonaut Medals Question

According to strings.xml:

*May contain spoilers, if you don't want to know, look away now.*

Crux Solaris - Awarded for successful capture of a live alien command unit.

Survival Medal - Awarded for fortitude shown in successful completion of a mission when all other operatives had been killed or incapacitated.

Saviour Medal - Awarded for neutralising an extraterrestrial psionic unit controlling a fellow Xenonaut operative.

The capture should be linked to the items on the ground at the end of the mission.

If something is killed there will be a dead body, if something is knocked out there should be a stunned alien item.

It shouldn't matter how the stun damage was applied, only the item recovered should matter.

I don't know about timing though.

Generally if you haven't already recovered a specific item it gets kept automatically so it should work the same as with other research.

I can't see why the game would not keep the leader ready for research when as far as I know it keeps all other items.

I'm guessing the engine would have difficulty tracking back a stun action from gas to the model that threw the grenade (which could have been a couple of turns ago with the gas lingering). In v21 Stable I got a Crux Solaris for taking down a Leader with the stun rod.

I don't think it would need to.

All the game needs to know is that at the end of the battle there is a stunned alien on the floor for you to recover, it shouldn't matter how it got there.

When you got the medal, or even when you didn't, were you on the stage of research that required one, just out of curiosity.

I don't think it would need to.

All the game needs to know is that at the end of the battle there is a stunned alien on the floor for you to recover, it shouldn't matter how it got there.

When you got the medal, or even when you didn't, were you on the stage of research that required one, just out of curiosity.

It would need to so that it could assign the medal to the correct soldier. The Crux Solaris is only issued to the soldier who did the stun, not the entire mission team.

I think I was at the point of needing the Leader for research, but not 100% certain; I abandoned that game some time ago when I hit a bugged alien base. Once I get up to Carriers in my current playthrough I'll do some testing.