Suggestions for small changes for future V22

I know the suggestion thread is no more, so I think this is the right place.

After playing my first new game of [V21 stable steam] I found some things that were mentioned some time ago. I don't know what the result of those was.

- Air combat - The explanatory tooltip should mention the right and left evasion roll keys. I know it is mentioned in the key pattern options but this will help newbies not frustrating on air combat.

Personally I have learned about that in a forum thread here after many hours of playing with clicking the icon only.

- A quick tooltip for required TU for petty actions like crouch, stand up, open doors and so on.

- Items ordered have arrived...what? Where?

Yeah exactly this.

That's it so far.

A quick tooltip for required TU for petty actions like crouch, stand up, open doors and so on.

- Items ordered have arrived...what? Where?

Yeah exactly this.

That's it so far.

I particularly agree with this ones, for my air-combat is annoying cuz lacks of real balance between autoresolve and manual.

"Items ordered" when I ask for technicians or scientist? Mehh

^^

The moral system seems a bit underdeveloped compared to all other features while it is the single showstopper on my campaign: I have won all the missions, almost no loss of soldiers, advanced amour and plasma weapons, but my soldiers keep getting controlled and dreaded in case of battleships and alien bases to a point where they have no chance to win even though there are 12 of them.

These sound like a balancing issues, but the most puzzling problem is my lack of understanding what "dread" means to my soldiers and how one gets dreaded and mind-controlled. They seem to be getting these status even though no alien can see them, and though I suspect that dread might be something important, there is only one indication of this and that is done in the beginning of each turn taking away a long time when displayed for 6-7 soldiers

More info on moral effecting status would thus be useful: like an indicator of the "dread" status on the soldier profile picture analogue to "bleeding" status just on the other side and with explanatory tool-tip for it

The moral system seems a bit underdeveloped compared to all other features while it is the single showstopper on my campaign: I have won all the missions, almost no loss of soldiers, advanced amour and plasma weapons, but my soldiers keep getting controlled and dreaded in case of battleships and alien bases to a point where they have no chance to win even though there are 12 of them.

These sound like a balancing issues, but the most puzzling problem is my lack of understanding what "dread" means to my soldiers and how one gets dreaded and mind-controlled. They seem to be getting these status even though no alien can see them, and though I suspect that dread might be something important, there is only one indication of this and that is done in the beginning of each turn taking away a long time when displayed for 6-7 soldiers

More info on moral effecting status would thus be useful: like an indicator of the "dread" status on the soldier profile picture analogue to "bleeding" status just on the other side and with explanatory tool-tip for it

Its not only cuestion of morale, there a lot of element that lack balance. In my appreciation they can be separated for:

- Saving anytime let you playback just every second, IMHO save would be restricted to geospace.

- Weapons deal damage to kill at one shot most the time, that include both human and alien weapons. For my taking damage is more that shot&kill, is take the shot, overcome the wound and live agony until dead. I had test interesting version of damage when a heavy damage soldier has lot of morale checks and bleed as a result of a wound, same as deadly but give more flavor.

- Human Armors reduce too much damage and weapons kill aliens almost instantly. If you see the game code the aliens dont have too much armor, the stat that let you live in combat is resilence, in other words life points. This is an unused divertity of the system.

I disagree that saving should be restricted as a form of balance.

Some people want to play by saving and reloading while others don't.

If you don't then you just don't do it but if you do want to but can't it becomes a frustration.

Ironman mode is designed to be that kind of challenge, the normal game is not.

I agree on the weapons and armour values though, they really could be more interesting.

More armour that needs to be chewed through before you can kill the enemy balanced by weapons that fire twice as often for example.

I know some people are against this though as they see it as lazy coding to make a game where enemies are just bullet sponges and others cite real world bullet damage and so on as reasons why aliens and humans should drop in a 'realistic' single shot.

Personally I just find it more fun to fire off more shots, plus reloading becomes more meaningful.

I wouldn't see much use for Mines, as deploying them would expose troops to fire, which is not a good plan. I've been tinkering the config files for armor and alien armor to the point where getting shot in basic is a death sentance, and Jackal MAYBE stops one shot on normal. So I'd rather not expose myself to any undue fire.

I'd see more use from something akin to a grenade launcher, think lightweight RPG with range farther than hand grenades, but same sized explosion. Good area denial weapon like a Mine, but makes more sense in a gameplay and tactical perspective.