[v9.0 ground combat] frozen game on reaction fire

Shame there's no save - it could be as simple as another typo in a different file (or maybe you missed a line when search-replacing in solder_spectre.xml?). If it's the same problem, finding out which alien and weapon would help. I did this by reloading, killing the alien that could cause freeze, and walking a guy over to check what it was.

Maybe next time :) Oh, was the alien invisible?

The alien was completely visible, alongside the crashed UFO. I did a global search and replace in the one file, and double-checked. So, uncertain as to why it didn't work.

I believe I have a fix for this issue.

The problem seems to be a typo in assets\units\alien\caesan\noncombatant\weapon.Alie nPlasmaPistol\soldier_spectre.xml

Replace caesan/weapon with caesan/noncombatant/weapon and the game is able to find the right animation. This also seems to fix the invisible alien bug for me - perhaps they are the same issue.

This worked for me - good find :cool:

Hi,

same bug here, game frozen on reaction fire. can someone tell me exactly what to do with the "soldier_spectre.xml" file ?!

I have located this file : are we supposed to place "noncombatant" in each line of the file ??!! :

<anim src="units/alien/caesan/weapon.AlienPlasmaPistol/run_s" anim="walk_D"/> (sample line) ... then the line became ...

<anim src="units/alien/caesan/noncombatant/weapon.AlienPlasmaPistol/run_s" anim="walk_D"/> .... that's it ?

that's a lot of lines to be manually modified....

thanks for any help, i can't play the game since 4-5 days because of that...

ctd luppo - open the file with notepad then click the edit tab and click replace tab there.

then type in "caesan/weapon" in the find text line and "caesan/noncombatant/weapon" in the replace text line and click the replace all button. save file and exit.

if you do a file confirmation on desura it will remove this modification so you will need to do the replace again.

Edited by NoIdidnt

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, So Anyone Have this Happen with a Sebillian? I Did yesterday, and I think I found the Problem. I Could be Wrong. But the Error could be similar to the Cesean Problem, but I think its soldier Alien Plasma Rifle, the spectre file reads Guard, not soldier. Have not been able to confirm a fix yet. But I'll work on it.

Spectre for the Soldier Plasma Rifle reads - Guard in the file and not soldier.

units/alien/sebillian/guard/weapon.AlienPlasmaRifle/idle_e